Siamey - Going Away album release on Protagonist Records

Siamey

Hey guys! In a complete pose off of Audix's post, I'd like to announce the release of my debut album "Going Away" on Sgx's new label, Protagonist Records.

goingaway-305.jpg

Track listing:

1. Prologue
  2. Menu
  3. Valley of the Sea Breeze
  4. Suspicion
  5. Morning
  6. Departure
  7. Enter the Forest Lands
  8. On the Move
  9. So Much for Today
  10. Travels
  11. Into the Wild
  12. Going Away
  13. Smoke Spirit
  14. Exit the Forest Lands
  15. A Secret in the North
  16. Strive
  17. Polar Sky
  18. Battery Life
  19. Capital City Showdown
  20. Oppression Mechanics
  21. Time Loss
  22. Credits
  23. Reminiscence

Total time: 59:05

Going Away is a unique mix of orchestral and electronic instruments, arranged in sometimes unorthodox ways.

The concept behind the album is that it is the soundtrack to a game that I haven't written.

It is very melody driven, so pop some dramamine and head on over to Protagonist!

Art by my pal Mike Cook and lettering by Sgx.

Digital Only - $7.99

Physical CDs (includes digital version)- $12.99 - Limited run of 20, so get them while they are hot!

Siamey - Going Away @ Protagnist Records

Check it out!

And check out the home page for some free tracks from the album!

Woo. I'll have pictures of the discs probably tomorrow. These are cased in the same kickass cases I did Audix's and a lot of my albums in.

Examples:

bunch.jpg

Physical orders should ship thursday. The shop has been tested, but please let me know if you encounter any ordering problems!

Enjoy the music. I dig this album quite a bit. It's not the most slickly produced thing I've heard (though it doesn't sound bad or anything), but its a lot of fun. A lot of it sounds Uematsu-esque and really brings me back to playing 32 bit RPGs like Suikoden and FFVII, where there were certain 'ominous' themes, 'adventuring' themes, etc that illustrated scenes. This is that, plus electronica sprinkled in for more fun-ness. Even the not high-end acoustic instrument samples (Reason orkester, I believe) suggest to me that 32 bit game system midi flavor. This is good, and it isn't something I've heard too much before. Right on.

Awesome, I'm getting 1 of 20 physical discs!

Hopefully, this time around, shipping won't mutilate the nice jewel box. My copy of Audix' ODM arrived with the case almost broken in two. :(

Thankfully, Jewelboxing offers free samples, so I picked one up as a replacement. I'd feel bad about doing it again, so here's hoping it gets careful handling.

Hopefully, this time around, shipping won't mutilate the nice jewel box. My copy of Audix' ODM arrived with the case almost broken in two. :(

Thankfully, Jewelboxing offers free samples, so I picked one up as a replacement. I'd feel bad about doing it again, so here's hoping it gets careful handling.

Yeah, shipping has a bad habit of being very unkind to CD cases. My copy of Tweek's album arrived with a big crack down the center. :/

I've shipped probably around 200 cds in those cases and I've only gotten feedback from a couple people saying they've broken. The cases seem to be sturdier than normal jewel cases too. Sometimes I'd stick a piece of bubble wrap inside of the case to protect from it from collapsing from getting squashed but not always since I didn't know if it was necessary or not. I'll try and do it all the time now.

I've shipped probably around 200 cds in those cases and I've only gotten feedback from a couple people saying they've broken. The cases seem to be sturdier than normal jewel cases too. Sometimes I'd stick a piece of bubble wrap inside of the case to protect from it from collapsing from getting squashed but not always since I didn't know if it was necessary or not. I'll try and do it all the time now.

That's a pretty good idea. I didn't want to bug you about it since I fixed the problem myself. Normally I wouldn't care, but the only reason why I buy CDs anymore is if the packaging is awesome (or if it means pitching a few extra bucks to fellow indie artists).

Regardless, I live in an apartment and I have a fairly small mailbox. The mailman has broken several things trying to shove it into my box. This isn't the first time this has happened. I also received a snapped PSP faceplate. Yesterday I got a computer case with the front side smashed in (that wasn't in the mailbox though). :( My luck with the postal service..

ANYWAY, I look forward to listening to this in the next few days.

Oooh, <3 Protagonist records, I can listen to my downloads already.

I've only listened to half the album so far, but I must say, this is the FUNNEST thing I've heard in a while. Just. Pure. Fun.

And that's a damn well great reason to listen to music, in my opinion.

If someone wants to listen to a normal person's opinion, feel free to ignore mine.

=]

Will check it out. I was planning on ordering the physical disk of Hero of the Grey Area (LOVE that album) so i will probably see if i can get a physical copy of this too.

:nicework:

EDIT: Realized that I still don't have Audix's album. What is wrong with me. Protagonist Records is going to make some good money off me...

Will check it out. I was planning on ordering the physical disk of Hero of the Grey Area (LOVE that album) so i will probably see if i can get a physical copy of this too.

:nicework:

EDIT: Realized that I still don't have Audix's album. What is wrong with me. Protagonist Records is going to make some good money off me...

Sweet! Monies in da bank!