Original Album In The Works! update

WillRock

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds a bit too filtered, and some of the hard deep bass notes are a little too hard, otherwise I'm pleasantly surprised. Am I an ass to ask for sheet music or a MIDI?

No your not 8D

I can give you a score but not yet - I have guitar pro on a computer I don't have access to, but when I do get access to it, i'll send you the score 8D

• 2 weeks later...

Very very nice stuff, especially for "early work", I'm envious. I like how rhythmical the first track was before the beat even came in. The track was pleasant and happy. Very nice analog synth embellishment figure thingies.. don't know what to call them. :) Sound like fountains of light. *mumblemumble*

The solo piano piece was pleasant and happy-sad. Sounded good. Very nice interlude-type of feel. Can imagine a vocalist, say, pixietricks singing over this. ;)

The Jazz.. I'm not feeling as much. The swing feels awkward. Awkward can be good if taken advantage of, but it's not working like that here. The reverbed snare is fairly unjazzy in my humble opinion. The piano is pretty good. Writing in general isn't bad here, but the feel and sound don't click.

--Eino

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, a working link, yay! I don't mind if it's Newgrounds (although the feedback from there can be a bit... odd... at times).

Just from the one song you've posted, the rhythm guitar is a bit too thin for my tastes. It doesn't seem to fill the space well enough (although the lead guitar makes up for it somewhat).

For the drum sampling your using, I'd recommend some more delicate treatment of the velocities - adding some variety in the dynamics will help in getting a realistic sound dramatically.

I really like the lead work, though. It really shines, showing off your talent very well. The tone is nice and mellow, and the notework is pristine. I'll admit it is a little bit underrepresented, as it is a bit quiet, but that's a pretty easy fix :P.

The solo at 1:26 bothers me a little bit. I'd have chosen some different notes to double the lead with... yes, it's because of that old 'Parallel 5ths' thing, and I KNOW you know what bothers me about them (I'm not turning this into another Parallel 5ths debate, lol). Actually, I'm writing a very in depth guide on the subject of Counterpoint right now (it's my way to support OCR this month), and I'd love to have you read it when I'm done (it makes the post I made in Rozo's remix about counterpoint look like a puny note on the side...). It'll be very beneficial, even if you don't believe in it right now :P.

Of course, you also know that it is a pet peeve of mine, so you can take the advice or leave it, I won't mind too much either way :-P.

Well, I don't know if you were asking for advice on it or just letting us know. I can't help critiquing music - I guess I've got a little 'Rozo-itis' in me...