PRC130: The Fifth Anniversary Special - Mix for Prizes!

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 130

PRCv5-26

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

And let me extend the welcome through to the fifth anniversary! I can't believe that the year that has passed has gone by so quickly - as the old saying goes, "time flies when having fun".

So, let's recap what happened last year. It's been a slow start due to there being a string of "Chickenwarlord vs the World" segments up until PRC111, and by then we managed to see a lot more fluent new faces that establish the class of 2008 as we see today. I look at everyone around here and I have the full belief that they have contributed well to the contest over the past year, regardless of how many wins (or lack thereof) secured, how well certain PRCs have done in comparison to others, and the like.

As you all know, PRC anniversaries tend to have a tenuous history of prizes that never happen (unless it was PRC52, when the prize indeed was a promised set of bragging rights). But not this year! Since this might be my last formal contribution to OverClocked ReMix, I will treat the winner to an OCR Hoody of a size of their choice! It's a win-win situation - the winner gets rewarded for their remixing efforts, and djpretzel gets more money to roll in. :D

If the turnout gets high enough, I might even offer prizes for second and third place too, so I would love to see y'all get to mixin'!

Before you do, let's look at the source tune. We're looking at a very popular franchise here, not to mention one of the staplemarks of the entire series and its exposure in the western world. It had recently been released on the Nintendo DS in remake form, provided a lot of revolutions in storytelling and mood setting for RPGs of this time, and rightfully has a place as one of the finest SNES titles ever made. The source tune from it is one of those surprising numbers that I swore could have been covered by now but actually wasn't - apparently taught as a music piece to Japanese school children, there is a lot of room for a wide range of different interpretations much like so many other themes of this genre, and so we might even see something welcome for this one.

Do you want your game and tune? Look past the jump!

prc130.png

Final Fantasy IV - Theme of Love

MIDI | MP3 | SPC

I'm really sure you can make not only myself proud, but the competition and all its past hosts proud too. Let's see the fifth year - and my run in hosting this thing - sizzle in a blaze of glory. Spread the word, work on the track, and let's make this one to remember!

And now, for my last time...

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by THE TUESDAY AFTER THE NEXT - October 7th at 11:59am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifee, and we'll help you out.