PRC130: The Fifth Anniversary Special - Mix for Prizes!

Rexy

you guys pat yourselves on the back, you beat ORC and OHC for the most active round on compo:TS

cheers

Am I going to be searching for ANOTHER Katamari image to signify this? :lol: Wow, thanks for the news!

It's all heating up now, with just 30 minutes left. And I'm telling you this now - only two remixers have yet to vote. But will they? O.o

30 minutes have passed. And nope, they didn't.

Still, what a voting turnout, gentlemen! Could this also be the highest turnout I've witnessed as a PRC host? I can't even remember myself. But anyway...

Total number of mixes - 12

Total number of votes - 17

Highest possible score - 51

This PRC is definitely for the history books! Second highest turnout, highest overall entries and vote quantity at C:TS, and a heck of a lot of difficulty deciding who gets the points - absolutely *wonderful* work, gentlemen - "I Feel the Cosmos", indeed.

(Okay Bev, shut up with the Katamari references already and announce the winner...!)

Binweasel and his weedy chocobo collided into a last place wooden spoon worth 3 points.

OneUp, Pleiade and setokaibarocket make up the joint 9th place gang with 4 points each.

Bundeslang, your PRC successor (hopefully), could only muster 8th place with 5 points.

just64helpin dumped his broken computer into 7th place with 6 points.

DZComposer launched his jazzhands into 6th place with 10 points.

evktalo strummed his way through to 5th place with 15 points.

Hylian Lemon could only serenade as far as 4th place with 16 points.

analoq and Nutritious share their champagne and a joint 2nd place finish with 19 points each.

And the winner for PRC130 is Theory of Nonexistance with 27 points!

Seriously, the turnout overwhelmed me - I wish I could be giving prizes to more than just the top three, but all the OCR store has is a bunch of clothes! But anyway, well done everyone! You've certainly made this a PRC to remember!

Aaron, Dustin and Justin - please PM me your mailing addresses and preferred hoodie sizes so I can order the prizes as soon as possible.

[EDIT: After checking out the store, this doesn't seem to be the case. If any of the lower rank contestants want it, I can send you an OCR bumper sticker for taking part. If so, please PM me your maiing addresses so I can get right on it.]

And now, as the sun sets in the UK as well as my time here, I'm ready to take up the transfer of administrative rights with Garian (providing he's around). Unless, do you still have access to C:TS's primary servers, Aaron?

I'll make a full farewell writeup in a couple of hours or so - I'm in the mood for a bunch of chicken wraps at this time.

PRC131 should hopefully start tomorrow, with Bundeslang as your host. Are you all ready for the changeover?

Well, since it's taking long enough for the admin priviledges to be transferred over, I might as well state my final echoing thoughts here.

From what I can say, I've had a good run here over the past 2 and a half years of running this thing. Looking back at everything that happened, even as far back as taking notice of the competition by PRC30 and my first participation in PRC44, I can't believe that so much had evolved in front of my eyes like this.

It's been set from right at the beginning that I wouldn't be much like PRC founder reelmojo in spite of maintaining the basic format throughout the years. But in the end, I felt happy being myself guiding through it.

It's a strange thing to be looking back to - seeing PRC65's voting stage get delayed, a slight panic over the flow of the contest without the leader, and someone to state the following terminology in paranthesis: "Take one source tune, and just add water." Even though things might have been a bit different if I didn't win PRC64, I look back at that brave move with no regrets.

It's been very difficult trying to cope with the structure all the way through - not an easy ride considering the chunk of time extensions, lower turnouts (particularly in the first few rounds of this season or so) and the many exhibitions of "Chickenwarlord vs the World", as stated in the first thread. But in the end, I kept my head high and managed to continue to push this through. Mainly it's because I wanted to make Caleb proud of how this has florished (which he seemed very confident about back in PRC83), but at the end of the day everyone here - whether it had been those that have administrated the competition in the past and present or even the competitors themselves - have done so much in keeping the invigorating strength of the compo alive.

Even by looking at the turnout for this anniversary PRC, I feel that under Bundeslang's new direction we may see this compo get stimulated for weeks/months/years/etc to come. Who knows, maybe next anniversary we could beat the attendance record for Shade Man at last. :P

But still, even though this was my last hosting job, I'll still be around to see him adapt to the new role, as well as providing any source MIDIs if any are needed. I also need to update the banners/archives on Doulifee's server to boot, which are better off being thought about for another day.

Bunde, once again, I wish you the best of luck for opening PRC season 6 and continuing its long run through. You can do it :)

Great round everyone! I had wonderful time. Again thanks to Rexy for running the competition and kudos to Bundeslang for picking up the task. After just two participations I can echo the sentiment from Nutritious, this competition is a great place to grow. And also have some fun. I got a lot of great feedback and constructive criticism from you guys in your votes. I got quite a confidence boost actually. :) Also a few pointers where I could improve. Thank you!

--Eino