Warcraft 2 'Human Battle 1' - v2 (Oct 9)

Dafydd

"Stripped" sounds like Rammsteins usual stuff, only worse :)

Wolf Eyes was a little too ambient, I think... meh. I guess I'll just keep listening to the StarCraft and RA soundtracks and work something out from there.

yeah not a fan of Stripped, but I do get where he's going...the first song for Mutter (Mein Herz Brent??) has an industrial-ish beginning with uber distorted drums. Same with the 5th track for their newest album which I totally forget the name for T_T. There's a few others too...can't remember off the top of my head.

Ok. I think I just misunderstood what "industrial" is all about to begin with it. Now that I know what you guys are talking about, I know what I could set as my target style, or not. :)

I know I bitched about the intro before, but now it feels incomplete without it.

Haha :) Well there needs to be an intro, but I think I need to rework the intro vocals to be more in tempo to fit.

The new section has an interesting feel, it seems like the perfect time for fresh vox until the weird synthy thing.

I assume that by weird synthy thing you mean the phasered (phased?) bassline. Fresh vox? You mean voice samples from the game or a choir type pad? Or Will Smith-styled rap?

This is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever heard. Haha

Perhaps I've just really wanted to hear someone to remix something from Warcraft 2. (I saw it on the frontpaged and was like OHHH YEAHHHHHH)

I can't wait to see where this goes.

It'd be nice to hear the melodies develop a bit more, because right now, while the effect is satisfying, it's like "phat beat", source, "more phat beat", source.

Maybe do a bit more with the phat beat sections melodically to keep the tension level up. (I don't know though.)

I dig this. Recognizing the original really throws me back to those days, nostalgia factor etc hooray :D I'd love to hear more bass because there are so many highs due to the crunchy drums used. Also the drums repeat a pattern, they sound like they're well taken care of and glitched and loved, but then this pattern repeats over and over. Needs more break imho.

As far as industrial music goes, I went through a few of my songs and this is the only one i'd suggest any influence from:

I am ecstatic to see WCII getting this kind of love. Good luck, and I'll keep an eye out for more updates!

i used to quote "your sound card works perfectly" and people would just look at me funny

This is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever heard. Haha

Perhaps I've just really wanted to hear someone to remix something from Warcraft 2. (I saw it on the frontpaged and was like OHHH YEAHHHHHH)

I can't wait to see where this goes.

It'd be nice to hear the melodies develop a bit more, because right now, while the effect is satisfying, it's like "phat beat", source, "more phat beat", source.

Maybe do a bit more with the phat beat sections melodically to keep the tension level up. (I don't know though.)

OK we need more ppl like you :P, we've gotta reduce that reply to no reply ratio - good work dood.

As for this remix, keep rocking on Daffy, you might strike gold on this one :D

Starla - yes, bass is a little weak, but with my sub-standard mastering and production skills, I'm sure this is going to stink if I try boosting the lower frequencies. A lot of times I find a sound I like and then I try to improve it further but it invariably leads to it getting worse instead of better. Maybe one of you mixwizes could help me with this...

And yes, this could really use some variation. Like I said though, the "new" section will be pretty different from how it is now. I was thinking something like Shael Riley's Wily Wars ReMix, almost.

I used to sit and listen to this for hours on end but I'm starting to get tired of it (and I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment) so I really need to make it more interesting and alive. It's really easy to get lazy with copy and paste being so readily available... I'm going to have an exam soon though, so I'm sure inspiration will come then (that's when I'm at my best, unfortunately (especially for my grades...)).

Ok. I think I just misunderstood what "industrial" is all about to begin with it. Now that I know what you guys are talking about, I know what I could set as my target style, or not. :)

Haha :) Well there needs to be an intro, but I think I need to rework the intro vocals to be more in tempo to fit.

Possibly the phased bass. I'll listen to it again when I get back from classes and edit this with it.

I assume that by weird synthy thing you mean the phasered (phased?) bassline. Fresh vox? You mean voice samples from the game or a choir type pad? Or Will Smith-styled rap?

Either or if it floats your boat, it just feels like a natural time to me to add some sort of vocal element.

I really hope you bring those vocals back that you had in the intro of the first song. I love hearing that warcraft guy in songs and it added a nice touch to the beginning.

I will, but it needs a bit of work before it's in tempo with the rest of the song, and I think that's going to be necessary to make it fit. If someone else wants to try, you're very welcome...

I really, really like where you've taken this. It sounds so great. At about the 2/3rds point in the track, I expected to hear another yet another stanza (the right term here?) in the building progression, with one more phrase that was even more intense than the last (IE with another instrument on top, a little louder), but that may be just me.

When the track ends, I definitely expected to hear the next part from the original, where the notes scale up, up, up and down again. It would make a great end to this awesome mix.

Heh, yeah I realize I was a little vague at the time of posting. Further, I was making that suggestion from memory without the source on hand. Either way, no, it's not the choir, it's the harp. I've found a Youtube video that has the source, as I didn't see you link to it. According to this link, it takes place at 2:09.

This is also a good place to point out at 1:10 where the progressing theme gets much more intense for one last phrase. That's what I was going for with my other suggestion.

Sorry for being a little vague, I promise to do better! :puppyeyes: Don't leave me, you're all I have left!

Thanks for clarifying. Well, it seems we're talking about the same part of the song after all - and listening to the harp I see what you mean by "up, up, up and down again" - I didn't know you meant the harp. The harp is in many parts of the song though and this section has a choir singing the melody, I think, even though the harp is probably easier to hear for most people. Thanks for finding this video, I'll edit my first post to include it so that people who haven't heard this before can compare the remix to the original.

• 4 weeks later...

So, is there anyone here who could help with some speech for the midsection of the song? I'm thinking a rap made from the in-game speech, time-stretched and scratched to get in tempo. I would also like to have the same thing done to the "your soundcard works perfectly" in the intro (the way I did it isn't in tempo but I'm sure it would work great if it was). Like "Your soundcard wickidee-works wickidee-perfectly" or similar. Isn't there a scratch machine in FL? I'd really appreciate any attempts at this by anyone. I'll upload the sample and update this post with a link to it as soon as I get my computer plugged in again (probably later today).

EDIT: Silly me. Oh well, here it is:

www.ngst.nu/soundcard.wav

• 1 month later...

No one seems to want to help there.... hm, I guess I'll have to do it myself.

I've ripped all of the mission briefings from the game and plan to cut out certain parts and add as "rap" in the middle section of the remix. A lot of the mission briefing speech is actually very rhythmic, so it should turn out well.

Meanwhile, can someone tell me if this song is from the original game or from the expansion?