Legend of Zelda 3 'Dark World'

mutecityradio

Hey ya'll. I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I've never been very good at forums.

I just remixed a ZELDA song (Dark World theme from ALTTP)

you can catch it here before it gets reviewed by the judges. Any support would help!

www.myspace.com/mutecityradio

Definitely check it out if you're a Zelda fan, I know you will not be disappointed!

Much love.

It's a bit obscure for my tastes, but I really like the source and I can appreciate the complexity of the sounds you've put together.

In my opinion, I'd say there's no real progression and it therefore gets a little boring. It's some sweet trance, but there's not a whole lot of interpretation from the original and it feels rather samey throughout.

I like the instruments you used, and the Daft Punk style drums is a sound I really dig.

There's a couple of Dark World mixes up on OCRemix that I love and I would recommend that anybody listen to them. "Fragments of Gold", a nice little mix from 2002, is a little less trance and a little more funk, but is my current favorite electronica version of this track up on OCR. Its progression is also a little subdued throughout, but it it does a pretty good job of mixing up the rhythm to keep things fresh from the otherwise short and repetitive source.

Also, I don't do drugs.