Everything rocks when it's done right!

purplecowadoom

And we, the goers of the thread shall prove it! In this thread, what you do is post videos of songs made from a source most people would never expect to work in that genre.

Extreme Example: A lullaby meant to put to sleep done in death metal as a wake-up call.

New rule: No tunes from OCR! They do songs like this 24/7!

Why don't you post an example yourself? :\

Why don't you post an example yourself? :\

Okay. Here's one:

Not the perfect example, as just about all rock songs seem to translate perfectly into nes format and vice versa. But hey! It's a start.

Scratch that. This one's perfect:

Star Wars Cantina with hand farts

I've noticed that some of you don't seem to understand what I meant in the initial post. Firstly, Through the Fire and Flames doesn't work by itself because it isn't a remix, and SMBZ, while an excellent sprite series I'd quickly recommend to anyone interested, is a video, not a song. Not trying to be evil here. Just saying.

You know, Live and Learn is actually a ludicrously musically robust song. It's just hard to get around the ATROCIOUS lyrics. They dropped it from a five-star song to a one-star song on my Zune (now at the bottom of Lake Austin, RIP NEVAH FOGGIT)

BTW, that wasn't exactly 8-bit. I don't think they can load more than 3 different sounds on any one MIDI, and certainly not at once.

You know, Live and Learn is actually a ludicrously musically robust song. It's just hard to get around the ATROCIOUS lyrics. They dropped it from a five-star song to a one-star song on my Zune (now at the bottom of Lake Austin, RIP NEVAH FOGGIT)

BTW, that wasn't exactly 8-bit. I don't think they can load more than 3 different sounds on any one MIDI, and certainly not at once.

Well I actually like the lyrics quite a bit, but I can definitely agree with you about the song being a bit more than 8-bit. I rushed the example after I saw Darksworde's post, so now you know why. It seems a thread can get closed off faster than a bathroom full of people who ate at White Castle, so here, I'm aiming to please. Also, way to fight the power man! Go Zune! Ipod can suck it! (Feeling the ironic hypocrisy of this statement following the previous one)

I...have remembered...something awesome!!! I have no idea if it's the official version or what, but it's still really cool (and kinda funny)! I give you...The German Final Countdown Song!!! (Please ignore the video being played with the music. I was looking for something else at the time and found this by accident. Favorited it just for the tune on it!)

German Final Countdown

Props to the person who can find this song to download somewhere...I couldn't. And when I can't find something I'm looking for on the net...you know something's gone terribly wrong. (Ego shining through permanently blinds innocent pedestrians...I apologize to them...)