Fable 2

Halt

"Your story is waiting."

About

Fable™ II is the true sequel to the wildly successful original that sold more than 3 million copies, offering even more choices and building on the core gameplay theme of "Fable," where a player’s every decision continually defines whom they become. "Fable II" is an action role-playing game (RPG) that truly allows players to live the life they choose in an unimaginably open world environment.

Set 500 years after the original, "Fable II" will provide gamers with an epic story and innovative real-time gameplay, including a massive amount of freedom and choice to explore a vast collection of dungeons, catacombs and caves in the world of Albion.

Features

• Choices, consequences. The innovative gameplay pioneered in the original Fable provided gamers with a never-before-seen level of immersion in a truly interactive world. Fable II expands upon the scope and depth of the Xbox classic by adding incredible new features and creating a wider, more complex kingdom of limitless choices and consequences. Players will have the option to play as a man or woman, get married, have children, and live a life of their own design.
  • A land far, far away. Revisit the sprawling world of Albion more than 500 years after the events of the original Fable, where you are free to explore the landscape and openly roam the countryside. For the right price every house, hut, dungeon and castle is for sale. Players can witness how the world grows and changes in response to their decisions in incredible and unique ways as they rediscover Albion as if for the first time.
  • Fight with ease. Fable II pioneers a new combat system designed to allow players to truly master hand weapons such as swords and maces, ranged combat weapons such as cross-bows and guns, and an entirely new magic system. These three disciplines, while very accessible, are also amazingly deep, and allow players to mix combat styles and become everything from master swordsman to skilled ranger to evil magic weilder, utilizing a single button on the Xbox 360 controller.
  • A hero’s best friend. This groundbreaking addition to the game is integral to the theme of unconditional love in Fable II. The canine companion will act as friend, compass and protector. Players must merely feed their pooch and he will love unconditionally, creating a bond that sets up emotion-filled journeys all throughout this magical world.
  • Experience the world together. For the first time in the Fable” series, gamers can experience the expansive and immersive world of Fable II with friends, utilizing the new and exciting Dynamic Co-op Mode, bringing the long-awaited multiplayer function to the world of Fable II.
  • Xbox LIVE Arcade mini-games earn major cash. Carbonated Games has partnered with Lionhead Studios Ltd. to bring an unparalleled experience to gamers through Xbox LIVE Arcade. Gamers can start earning in-game currency for the Fable II world later this year, before the game's release to retail, by downloading and playing exclusive mini-games, which will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade and allow gamers to purchase weapons, armor and more for their hero.

I pre-ordered The limited Eddition for bout $70. and I CANNOT WAIT until October 21st :]

What do you all think?

I'd still bother, I like shallow games from time to time.

Hopefully it will kick ass though.. because I also pre-ordered it ;P

I'll probably get around to playing it because it IS a big RPG title after all.

But the whole 'choose your own destiny thing' was a total letdown in the first game and just about everybody basically passed judgment that it was a letdown in terms of the game's premise. And now they're saying this sequel will fix the faults of the first game. It'd be pretty strange of them to whiff twice.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I was really into the first one. I still can't see what all the bitching about how some features weren't adding it. It was still one of the best action RPGames I've seen to date.

Even if Fable 2 doesn't deliver half of its promised, it is still going to be much better than any other RPG out there.

Some people just expect too much with so little time and technology. I have a realistic aspect upon games and know their limits. Living in a dream world and hoping for the impossible doesn't really do much.

Fable was an amazing game, limited only by ridiculous loading times and a plot that sort of sucked a cock.

Guys, do you remember the spells? There was that one knockback spell that cost like a two hundredth of your magic at its highest level. You could use it at any time you wanted, even during attacks. Also you could walk into a house, use it, and trash everything.

XBox360 will only make it better. But that Peter molixinox guy creeps me out.

Thank god we won't be hearing about rampant piracy and DRM issues. Honestly, PCs are becoming a tad bit irrelevant in the RPG front too. Sorta sad, but it comes with the times.

Finally! Now we can all sit down in our living room and ENJOY the game :3

anyway, I'm especially looking forward to the "invite a friend" thingy. looks kinda neat.

Always thought they just simply mutated into mmorpgs, and even then I'd rather play an rpg on a console over a PC; Fable 2 however I'll pass...

More like MMORPGs spawned off themselves, because oldschool mainstays never really made the jump.

I'm on the fence with Fable 2 in terms of buying it on launch. If it gets bad reviews, it's either to rentals or waiting until it's $30 or $20. If it gets "OH MY GOD, BEST GAME OF THE YEAR" reviews, then I might have to buy it. I was still impressed with Fable, except it didn't live up to the ungodly hype.

Looking forward to this. First Fable was a letdown. I'm just hoping this actually becomes "Fable II", not simply "what Fable should've been".

I mean, I'd still buy it. I've got it preordered. But this is a little worrisome. Considering everything the first one failed to deliver, that's not good.

(Yeah, I know they're trying to get it added on later. It still sucks.)

I mean, I'd still buy it. I've got it preordered. But this is a little worrisome. Considering everything the first one failed to deliver, that's not good.

(Yeah, I know they're trying to get it added on later. It still sucks.)

I know the feeling, where as for me, I've become hesitant on a game coming out from atlus. Having had an associate who played the original japanese version (imported) he said it was an enjoyable SRPG; yet upon further research people that are waiting for the American release are worried about long loading times not being fixed... I asked about this and he said he didn't really notice... ugh I hate it when that kind of shit happens...

(I know somewhat far from the issues on the first Fable but still...)

Long loading times, Big deal, it was an Incredible game, for the first of its kind. The Second only brings the better. I own Fable the lost chapters, and like I said before, Pre-ordered the limited eddtion.

I LOVED the first, and I will definately love this one. Loading times didnt bother me much, because i can be patient. Im sure it will be fixed though.

Long loading times, Big deal, it was an Incredible game, for the first of its kind. The Second only brings the better. I own Fable the lost chapters, and like I said before, Pre-ordered the limited eddtion.

I LOVED the first, and I will definately love this one. Loading times didnt bother me much, because i can be patient. Im sure it will be fixed though.

I wasn't referring to fable having long loading times I meant towards another game.

Also while loading times are not necessarily a big issue with a game like fable, any strategy rpg (Think Fire Emblem or Disgaea) in particularly when you're issuing commands that have long loading times is something to be worried about...

O_o. You want to show something to back that up? I recall nothing of the sort. :?

as for the growing trees thing...

I hope poppy moxlinox (i give up) watched that review. Every game company should be required to watch their respective Zero Punctuation and take notes on it before making a sequel.

Nintendo: 'Eight...cunt gargling...hours.... ok.' *clicks pen*

It's Peter Molyneux you clod, and not every game requires a review ala Zero Punctuation. Do remember Yahtzee detests jrpgs and if you're into them, don't expect anything good coming from him on them. I do however enjoyed his take on "Painkiller". IMO it truly is the "true" continuation to the DOOM series; just instead of a marine doing the killing its some joe schmo wanting nothing more than to be with the wifey after redeeming himself from a fuck up :lol:

You must be refering to the creators of games rather than the companies, as companies can easily adjust themselves to adapt when a series had shitted on itself and died, creators though...

It's Peter Molyneux you clod, and not every game requires a review ala Zero Punctuation. Do remember Yahtzee detests jrpgs and if you're into them, don't expect anything good coming from him on them. I do however enjoyed his take on "Painkiller". IMO it truly is the "true" continuation to the DOOM series; just instead of a marine doing the killing its some joe schmo wanting nothing more than to be with the wifey after redeeming himself from a fuck up :lol:

You must be refering to the creators of games rather than the companies, as companies can easily adjust themselves to adapt when a series had shitted on itself and died, creators though...

Fable isnt a jrpg...

and yes, I meant Meter Polynox, not game company

and o noes we wont get our figurines!!!