OCR01760 - Super Mario World "Turning Terrors"

djpretzel

This is BADASS! I think this is my favorite take on this song to date. I love the stereo separation in your instruments and the use of the clown car approach sfx.

What's more, you used the original theme without needlessly adding notes all over the place and then added onto it afterward - taking the melody into a great progression the original song didn't feature. THAT'S my favorite kind of mix. The beat is also pretty awesome, and liberal distortion is very close to my heart.

I rarely post reviews because I just don't have much to say about remixes; I usually enjoy them, but can't really articulate why. I downloaded this mix and left OCR to check my email. After a minute or so, I was humming along with the song! I decided that I had to return to OCR and give you my thanks and my compliments on an excellent ReMix. Very, very well done.

Wow, this mix really is great, really ... but as soon as the melody kicked in, I had to turn it off. And I was absolutely loving it before that.

The fourth note of the melody in this mix correlates to that of the main theme (in a major key), not of the castle theme (in a minor key). Because of the different chord progression, the original fourth note had to be changed to what it is in this mix. Unfortunately, every time I hear it, it sounds like the melody is leaving the minor key and jumping into major, even though, technically, that note does fit in with the chord it is played over.

So, despite the overall greatness of this mix, I really can't listen to it at all, because no matter what, that fourth note is going to sound wrong to me. Crap.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an incredible ReMix. I find it very engaging, not only because I recognize the source tunes but because it moves with such a confident swagger amid a brilliantly executed arrangement. Excellent use of Big Boo sfx and multiple themes. Great work, AeroZ!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01760 - Super Mario World "Turning Terrors"