OCR01760 - Super Mario World "Turning Terrors"

djpretzel

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very cool intro with the percolating drums. Very similar to the past tracks we've heard from Seb at this point. The man does love his chip tunage. It is a bit heavier than some of the other stuff, but it still has that groove that seems to be native to AeroZ. I love how it almost goes into a Franz Ferdinand beat in the middle. Very cool idea. The variation on the main theme from SMW was great. Excellent interpretation of it. Production value is crisp and clean like always. Cool ending. Very ambiguous. Love it.

• 1 month later...

I still don't know why this one is so underreviewed compared to Monstrous Turtles, I think they're both equally full of merit and awesomeness, and it's nice to see two similar but divergent takes done on the same theme. I don't have a preference between these two, but I'll say that the synth work and the arpeggios is astounding here. AeroZ is a master at that, for sure!

• 3 months later...

This is my favorite song from the game, cuz when I was playing it I always felt that tension from the music in the background, good times. XD

But this remix is even better then the original I WISH I could play the game with this remix in the background.

everything in this song is perfect to me. My one problem which isn't that much of a problem is that I can't find the luigi's mansion in it, other then the part at 2:43 - 2:50 unless thats the only part.

Overall this is the greatest Super Mario World remix ever!

Thank You.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01760 - Super Mario World "Turning Terrors"