Sig Size

DarkeSword

I remember on CF, before all the 'upgrades' they did, everyone's sig could be as tall as you wanted it, but it was in its own little area with it's own scroll bar. I don't know what it was called though.

That can actually be done with a little CSS. Something like

max-height: 250px;
overflow: auto;

Not sure on the first one, maybe it's just "height".

You can turn all sigs off in your account settings.

Yes, I gathered that from this thread. I'm thinking more in terms of readability to an anonymous guest user wandering in new to the site.

(Also, in my particular case, I never let my browser store passwords or long-term cookies 'cause I'm paranoid, so I'm typically never logged in until I decide to post something, but that's my own darn fault.)

I don't really see where signatures add anything useful to a forum, but obviously I'm in the vast minority on that issue both here and on the internet in general, so it doesn't really matter.

Yes, I gathered that from this thread. I'm thinking more in terms of readability to an anonymous guest user wandering in new to the site.

(Also, in my particular case, I never let my browser store passwords or long-term cookies 'cause I'm paranoid, so I'm typically never logged in until I decide to post something, but that's my own darn fault.)

I don't really see where signatures add anything useful to a forum, but obviously I'm in the vast minority on that issue both here and on the internet in general, so it doesn't really matter.

some of us also use sig as "add" to point people in direction of contest, website, project etc. that's the other side of the sig space that can be usefule

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...