Left 4 Dead

Chiwalker

Seems to me that the SDK would at least be announced as released, so maybe some circumstances are pushing it a bit further back. I know for a while people were saying to use the CS:S setup for the source SDK to create nav maps, and there's a way of hacking around with the Ep. 2 setup to create a sort of fake L4D environment, but there are still plenty of flaws in that method too.

It's really a shame that it's not out, too... for me, the most fun part of the game was exploring new areas and having a new experience. After a while, the maps get really boring, and survival mode is like a kick in the teeth to those of us who really want new maps. I've been pretty bored with the game for the past few months, and I haven't really been too interested in trying the other two maps in VS yet. I guess I just really haven't been feeling the game, though I'd like to get in on some games in the future.

Also, to my knowledge the server SHOULD be listing as a steam group server, and everything on it should be vanilla settings. I removed a few of the nonsense plugins that people had been complaining about, and removed a bunch of people from the admin list because there was really no need for a whole bunch of people with admin in the game.

If you have any problems/complaints/whatev, talk with scytheful first because I've been pretty hands off lately. He's got FTP, config, anc RCon access so he should be able to help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, the L4D SDK has finally been released... in beta form. In your tools section, look for Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools Beta. I personally don't have any use for it since I'm not a mapmaker, BUT hopefullly we'll get some fresh maps with proper nav meshes for some exciting games in the future.

Maybe someone knows this, I had downloaded a "Free" version to test how the game would run on my computer and it seemed to run fine so I decided to sign up for steam and start buying my games from there, I downloaded Left 4 Dead off of steam but it doesn't run as well as my other copy.

Is there something I can do to make it run smoother or is it just because having steam running in the background is slowing down my computer?

Steam should only be eating about 30 megabytes of memory, give or take... so you might try optimizing other things first, buying some more memory second. To be honest though I really can't say much more without actually knowing your system specs... although there really isn't much more to say :)

Hope you can get it working soon, Steam is a wonderful distribution platform.

Today, I was accused of using an aimbot by not one person, but by a whole clan! OK, only four of them, but still...

On NM Finale, we were Survivors first, and that's when they started accusing me of things most foul. They even went so far as to record it and said they would put it up on their site or something so everyone could see how obviously I was cheating! Oh, noes! I wish I knew where it was, so I could see just how much a group of lemmings they are as they start going over the video frame by frame, pointing out all kinds of evidence that proves my cheating. Charts and diagrams, maybe even some of those little red arrows and circles over things! One of them could be a video forensics expert, like on CSI, and he would look at it and be able to tell everyone with zoom-ins and enhancements how I was doing it! Oh, I wish I had somehow kept a name or something so I could track down whatever site they will put that video up on. Maybe it's on Youtube right now!

When asked how come I still managed to get hit and even lose a round or two, they said I was pretending to lose so I could have (get this)... "plausible deniability". That's right. I was undercover for the CIA and now Leon Panetta can say I never worked for them.

They had a Smoker attack from the same spot five or six times in a row, Hunters pouncing straight up in the air over and over, Boomers walking out front like they were invisible... How could I, or any of my team for that matter, not be able to hit you?

I'm sorry, I know this will probably get a few "livejournal" comments, but it's just funny to me for some reason. I've never been accused of cheating in a game before. It's not like I'm some sort of super-player or anything, I just can't believe that they said it. It's like saying any of the remixers here use posts midi-rips or something.

It's kinda hilarious what some people will accuse others of when they lose. I remember once when I was playing a 4v4 Arranged Team of Warcraft 3, the rest of my suitemates got dropped due to my shitty school internet. And yet, I was able to rehotkey stuff and micro & macro 4 teams enough to win.

And then the maphacking accusations came down on me, to which we all laughed....but unfortunately I also got disconnected by the shitty school internet.