Left 4 Dead

Chiwalker

last night i got man vs tank on dead air (expert difficulty) after warmeatball (a regular on ocr's tf2 server), jjt, and bgc all got killed off. and then i got pwnt by a boomer/smoker combo because the adrenaline high was in full force and i couldn't think straight... i was just meleeing furiously. and then the server reset so we got kicked off and it was time to call it a night.

and i helped

I got Left 4 Dead for Christmas. Sweet.

I'm enjoying the whole game so far (it's certainly more fun than just the first level-and-a-half of No Mercy), but standard No Mercy is all I've had time to play so far. We played the finale half a dozen times, but, long story short, my teammates sucked and we never made it to the chopper.

Surely there must be someone besides me playing the 360 version of Left 4 Dead? My gamertag is "Native Jovian". If anyone else on OCR is playing L4D on Live I'd love to get together and actually hopefully make some progress on the campaigns.

So either I suck, the people I keep getting stuck with suck, or the finale of No Mercy is impossible. Srsly. I have to have played that damn thing like 25 times now and I've only even come CLOSE to surviving (as in, the helicopter was actually visible) once. I'd really like to assume that it's door number two, but I'm starting to get seriously annoyed that I can't beat the dame finale through, as far as I can tell, no fault of my own. :?

So either I suck, the people I keep getting stuck with suck, or the finale of No Mercy is impossible. Srsly. I have to have played that damn thing like 25 times now and I've only even come CLOSE to surviving (as in, the helicopter was actually visible) once. I'd really like to assume that it's door number two, but I'm starting to get seriously annoyed that I can't beat the dame finale through, as far as I can tell, no fault of my own. :?

I think it's a sign that...you should get the PC version ;-)

People on the Xbox are used to Halo and Gears...not real, MANLY FPS games!

/lifts bar with four sherman tanks as weights

Fixed it for ya :)!!

But also I must ask, if you're willing to shell out more for a console version of a game than buy the cheaper PC version... Why can't those that suddenly want to join the elite PC players pay up the cheaper PC version...? Especially when it comes to Valve games..?

Example being Deadspace, $60 for the 360/PS3 yet $49 for the PC version...?

Yes a small difference of $10 not counting taxes but still...

I know a lot of people say "I can't run it on pc due to blah blah". I am assuming that as long as you are not on a 5+ year old pc, you at least have an equivelent to a amd athlon 64 3500+. I was able to run TF2 at 1024x756 whatever and a pretty descent framerate. L4D runs about the same as well as long as you don't set mega mob at 500. Hell, even on this quad core with the shittiest of shitty ati raedeon 2400 I was getting over 30 fps on L4D in 1440x900. Might want to try out a pc game if you guys have the chance to.

I actually installed and ran Left4Dead on my Toshiba A200 FS6 (here's a hint about it's overall performance: it was $600). Using 640 x 480, with every setting turned down to the lowest level and using every little trick I could think of to get every single little boost in framerate... I got it running, at an average of 4.5 frames per second.

It's kind of odd seeing run so slowly, but it's there.

I promptly removed it and tried out Half Life 1. Runs decently until you need to use the flashlight.

So yeah, laptop players aren't going to get any real performance out of this game unless they're running one of those fancy gaming laptops from Alienware or something.

I actually installed and ran Left4Dead on my Toshiba A200 FS6 (here's a hint about it's overall performance: it was $600). Using 640 x 480, with every setting turned down to the lowest level and using every little trick I could think of to get every single little boost in framerate... I got it running, at an average of 4.5 frames per second.

I promptly removed it and tried out Half Life 1. Runs decently until you need to use the flashlight.

So yeah, laptop players aren't going to get any real performance out of this game unless they're running one of those fancy gaming laptops from Alienware or something.

I play l4d on my macbook pro and it runs fine. No super high resolution or anything, but it gets the job done.

Which is why I don't like gaming on my laptop on anything this generation. Besides, as long as I play with my buddies online, the game is great. I'd play with random people on Xbox Live, but I have a bad habit of leaving stupid people who keep running off like they were some one man army to die or leaving them to rot in a closet somewhere.

I'm sick of running through hordes of zombies just to save some stupid fucks' ass.

I'm sick of running through hordes of zombies just to save some stupid fucks' ass.

Soon as you get on the PC version with desktop, you'll find alot more... competent players that would make such efforts worthwhile. Sure it has its share of asshole griefers, and dumbasses, but more often than not you'll find players that are willing to put their very best into having a good campaign run on expert. :)!!

This is actually great advice. I was considering getting it for my laptop, but I was afraid it didn't have the power to run it.

So I will just opt to get it for my 360 instead.