Left 4 Dead

Chiwalker

Fun times had recently in L4D: I was playing through Blood Harvest, and we heard a witch right around the part where you have to jump down a cliff right in front of a barn. I jumped across to the awning of the barn rather than dropping straight down to the ground and went into the rafters through a window. The witch was there, right below me. I had the other three players stay outside so they wouldn't get toasted, and dropped a molotov right on her. Woohoo! Burn the Witch achievement complete. I figured that since there was no route to me (I was in the rafters, after all, which were only accessable via jumping directly off the cliff, and the cliff was too high to jump back up) she'd run in circles or something while her pathfinding algorithm has a seizure.

Instead she ran straight toward my three allies clustered by the door. I figured that since she couldn't get to me she just went for the nearest victim. The three guys were freaking out over their headsets -- it was hilarious. I was like "hahaha, oh man, hey, sorry guys, I didn't think she'd FUCK SHIT OW DAMN FUCK!"

The last part was because the witch had run straight PAST them, gotten up onto the roof of the barn (somehow? I wasn't watching and couldn't have seen from where I was anyway), and charged me from behind. Luckily for me, she knocked me off the rafters before she incap'd me, and the three other guys managed to kill her and then help me back up.

But the moral of the story is that witches are smarter than you think. Damn Valve and their damn high-quality pathfinding algorithms....

Haha, I wondered where y'all went to so fast.

You guys should have just voted him off :P

Anyway, I'm definitely down for some expert campaign in the very near future. I'm getting kind of worn out on versus lately. I've just played it a little too much I guess.

Yeah everyone's been playing Versus so much I haven't had a chance to get any campaign achievements. :[

Keep in mind that your mindset for Versus is not the same as it is in Campaign. If you've been in Versus a lot, prepare for some rough adjustments getting back into the slower, more methodical pace of Campaign.

That said, I'm always up for Expert matches.

And yeah Bleck, Versus is getting worn out fast. Hopefully the new update Valve keeps talking about will give us at least one more mapset to go through, even if it's just one of the other two tweaked for Versus play.

Me? I'm hoping for at least one new Campaign that's also Versus ready. Maybe a new Special Infected... Three Hunters half the time is getting repetitive.

Getting tired of L4D?

Try out the new amazing mod that reinvigorates the game, making it brand new!

That's right, it's... the Randy Savage Left 4 Dead mod! What could possibly be scarier than zombies chasing you screaming "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!" or "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEAH!"

wait

wait you mean there people who AREN'T playing with this mod?!

A buddy of mine in Australia gave the game to me as a late Christmas gift yesterday. Had a quick go at singleplayer No Mercy last night to get the hang of it, and I must say I freaking love this game. Nothing like mowing down a horde of zombies and then smacking the last one in the head when I run out of ammo. Tanks are a pain in the ass though; every time I encountered one it ignored my teammates and came for me and me alone.

Definitely having a go at the multiplayer later :-)

Feel free to add a bunch of us -- I find the experience to be much better when it's with people I know, as opposed to random games full of rage-quitters.

The best way to do it is to join the OverClocked Remix group on STEAM. That way, you add a ton of friends all at once, and you can still see what they're doing and join them in-game. I usually add OCR people I've played with to my friends list after that.

Hope to play with you soon!