Sonic 2 'Chemical Plant Zone (Electroclash Mix)'

The Vagrance

Something I whipped together fairly quickly for a request here. I still need to get one of my friends who I'm in a band with to do vocals but next time we record I'll probably have him lay something down to get an even more dance-y feel to this.

Not 100% sure if I'm going to submit to OCR because this may not fit the standards but its a fun mix nonetheless.

Link: Here

P.S. - I just noticed pretty much any time I start a topic here, its always after like, 11:00PM Central.

Make it however you want, polish the fuck out of it, and submit it. If it's not what they want they'll say no, if it is what they want you get some main page exposure.

You should redo the drowning alarm, instead of just throwing it in on top. The transition from drowning to the second half of the melody doesn't work the way it is.

That bit set aside, this mix is really fucking awesome.

I'm loving this, it reminds me a bit of River City Rammstein, one of my favorite mixes of all time (GG Mazedude). That's a compliment!

You progress into something really awesome very quickly, and I think that's one of the reasons why it was so easy to love straight-away. However, I feel like for the last 2/3rds of the tune is doesn't change or progress that much and it loses me a bit. There are some nice details that you throw in, but when it comes back to the bridge, it just starts to feel samey.

I think if you gave it some more intensity towards the end of the tune, you might have a real winner here. Putting a few coats of polish on it, as Spakku suggested, may help alleviate what I perceive to be the issue here.

I love what you did a little after the half-way mark. Having the "You're gonna die soon" music (which scared the hell out of me as a child) worked pretty well, and I think that tune lends itself to the rhythm you've built. I think it would lose some of its impact if you didn't give it a little solo time, as you have, but maybe there's a way you can work some of that concept into parts of the track after that, not only to help with the progression, but also to make it feel more a part of the track.

Anyway, love it. Please keep us updates, as I love it as is, and if you decide not to change it up more, I want to make sure I remember to download and keep this version.

No source link, blah blah..

Not a fan of the sound choices here. Until the lead comes in a good 15 seconds or so in, it's mostly lofi stuff. There are some of really cool sounds in there, but they're in the company of a number of not quite as enjoyable sounds. I get that you're going for a kind'a primitive synth sound, but I'm not enjoying it.

Your bass pad covers the low range of the frequency spectrum, but the highs are kind'a empty, making the whole track sound empty. After 2:25 the new instrument is way too loud and buries everything else.

There's a lot of mixing fixes you should do, bring up the important sounds, bring down the textures and backing.

Sorry man, I don't like it. I can hear a lot of quality in this, but... nah. Not my kind of track.

I like it, but I don't love it. Does sound kinda empty and I have to agree that after 2:25 the bass kinda overrides all. I do like the Drowning bit and it's overall a good mix. It's missing a few things to be great. 7/10 right now for me,

That's odd. I was going to comment that it should be longer, then I realized that for some reason it only downloaded like half of the song for me.

The main thing I would say at this point is the first half sounds a bit too midi-ish. I get that was part of what you were going for with it, but at the same time there's probably a way you could make the sound a bit deeper while keeping the same basic feel.

i love it a lot!

it's not the "toxic-avenger-style dance track" i was looking for but it's a really really great tune. i especially like the part after the "sonic i getting out of air", i love the loud long-warped sound, i really like the faster peaced beat(?) and in my opionon the could be even more freaking out in that part.

maybe the alarm could also get some more freaking out bevor the "out of air melody comes"

anyway, i enjoy your song how it is in the moment already really much (im hearing it since more than a hour XD)

you did a great job, love the sounds, there is still things you could "improve" like an higher pace in generell and more freaking out the whole time. but thats just my opinion is see how some ppl would like to see your tweaks in the other directionXD

upload it somewhere at myspace XD

This is great. I feel it could be a little better, but I don't quite know what criticism to give.

Thanks.

Stereo-ize some of the main synth parts more. It sounds really cool in the break part 1/3 of the way in, use it more.

I'm not 100% sure on what is meant by this, to be honest.

You should redo the drowning alarm, instead of just throwing it in on top. The transition from drowning to the second half of the melody doesn't work the way it is.

That reminds me, I'm having trouble imagining vocals on this. I'm really intrigued at that idea.

Yeah, everything from the drowning alarm onward was kinda haphazardly done and I plan on re-doing it whenever vocals are done. As for imagining vocals, I have a couple of ideas but really tbh I'm not seeing exactly how they'll fit, but I'll get to that whenever I have to. The vocals were the first idea for the mix though, and probably the last to be executed.

You progress into something really awesome very quickly, and I think that's one of the reasons why it was so easy to love straight-away. However, I feel like for the last 2/3rds of the tune is doesn't change or progress that much and it loses me a bit. There are some nice details that you throw in, but when it comes back to the bridge, it just starts to feel samey.

I think if you gave it some more intensity towards the end of the tune, you might have a real winner here. Putting a few coats of polish on it, as Spakku suggested, may help alleviate what I perceive to be the issue here.

I love what you did a little after the half-way mark. Having the "You're gonna die soon" music (which scared the hell out of me as a child) worked pretty well, and I think that tune lends itself to the rhythm you've built. I think it would lose some of its impact if you didn't give it a little solo time, as you have, but maybe there's a way you can work some of that concept into parts of the track after that, not only to help with the progression, but also to make it feel more a part of the track.

Once again, the last stuff was kinda done haphazardly and I plan on improving that mainly with microedits rather than a whole section. That said, I'm not sure about including drowning music throughout the entire thing, really its in there for shits and giggles at best.

No source link, blah blah..

Not a fan of the sound choices here. Until the lead comes in a good 15 seconds or so in, it's mostly lofi stuff. There are some of really cool sounds in there, but they're in the company of a number of not quite as enjoyable sounds. I get that you're going for a kind'a primitive synth sound, but I'm not enjoying it.

Your bass pad covers the low range of the frequency spectrum, but the highs are kind'a empty, making the whole track sound empty. After 2:25 the new instrument is way too loud and buries everything else.

There's a lot of mixing fixes you should do, bring up the important sounds, bring down the textures and backing.

Sorry man, I don't like it. I can hear a lot of quality in this, but... nah. Not my kind of track.

I understand not really liking this mix, personally I'm not even a huge fan of it but most people who I play it for seem to really enjoy it. The crazy synth that comes in will be turned down in future versions though as apparently that was a major concern by multiple people.AS for the highs being empty, I'll look into it.

I think once the vocals are on this (are you going for something daft punk-like? Because thats the vibe the song gives me), you are going to have a pretty submission-worthy track.

I'm actually aiming for a more 2002-2005 British prog house feel, or like an indie dance project or something. Think somewhere in the range of Royksopp, Tiefschwarz's "Warning Siren", and Hot Chip.