Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind 'Vvardenfell Nights'

Asmodean

I am not believing the lead instruments in the first half at all. Actually, this could sound a lot better if you could find some people who play the for-real guitar and flute. A song like this calls for hands-on variation of the sound with its lead instruments.

Also, the transition from acoustic to techno needs to be smoother.

The first half of the tune has something solemn and haunting about it, just like the original, but I really feel like it takes on something more generic toward the second half when it gets tech-y. I don't really feel the unique sound of this tune caters well to the techno beat and really needs to be supported by something more complex.

One of my complaints with the original is that it's just too short. I would love to hear your take on what additional verses of the song could sound like to give it more breadth, rather than just relying on the repetition of the (fantastic) theme.

You have a bit of original writing near the middle that I think works well, but it's abandoned in favor of the techno redux.

I'd say go in the direction where you started and expand, lose the techno stuff.

Another Soundscape, I didn't label it OC Remix because I'm being presumptuous, it's merely for me to know what the song is for.

I didn't think you did but still, avoid doing so in the future. Just remix will probably be fine. Last.fm also isn't a good way to host your WIPs because the mix will be quite compressed for streaming.

Anyway, no harm done, just sayin' ;)

No source link, let's see how well I remember this...

Your percussion sounds like a basketball, dude. :D

Acoustic guitar feels a bit weak. More mids/lows. Spread stuff a bit from the center. Even when it's just a few steps on the pan knob, it helps to sort stuff out.

1:43 - my favorite section of this remix. :D

Going into electronica felt a bit sudden, you might want to introduce some electric elements earlier so it doesn't feel like the song is over and now here's a whole 'nother track.

Guitar, in the electronica section feels sequenced. more velocity and length variations.

...And it better not end there. The ending comes suddenly and without having had the electronic section rise anywhere, it feels completely redundant.

But hey, this is pretty cool. Just work on making it more cohesive and give it a more interesting dynamic structure. Good luck.