Official Dragon Ball Movie Trailer!

Zombie

Oh don't get me wrong. Dragonball: Requiem is on my list of movies to watch...

I just have no expectations.

None.

Nearly dead inside because of it.

Instead go see Dragonball: A Magical Beginning instead. It's got everything you need in a movie: hot chick who takes her top off, pig d00ds, and MOONWALK MAGIC!!!

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=p-fdR6ydm1Q

Oh don't get me wrong. Dragonball: Requiem is on my list of movies to watch...

I just have no expectations.

None.

Nearly dead inside because of it.

Instead go see Dragonball: A Magical Beginning instead. It's got everything you need in a movie: hot chick who takes her top off, pig d00ds, and MOONWALK MAGIC!!!

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=p-fdR6ydm1Q

holy god, the alligator gets its ass beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8urmVy_7ng

i want to see the rest of this movie soooo bad now

What the heck, this reminds me of "The Forbidden Kingdom" for some reason.

Not to be judgemental or anything, but it REALLY looks like it's going to imitate "great concept with nice source, but ruined due to a 'teenage hero'".

Sorry to say but this looks REALLY stupid and NOTHING like Dragonball at all. It looks as if it's going to be another generic action movie but with the Dragonball name and same characters going on. And not to be racist or anything, but I would have preferred it if Goku was played by an asian actor, simply because that was my intepretation of Goku via the anime, and of course my interpretation of anything must come true.

:-(

I still want to see the magical whatever dance DB way more than DRAGONBALL RESURRINSURREVOLUTION

Yeah but I still hold on to the hope that Dragonball: Annihilation: Dub Edition isn't going to totally suck. I mean since the last trailer that came out, we found out that Piccolo is green, instead of white like in the first trailer. That's kinda true to the series, right?

On viewing of the new trailer, I think this movie will be hilarious and I can't wait to watch it loudly with mates in an empty cinema because anyone admitting to liking dbz here would likely be stabbed.

*Puts on stab proof vest*

I still have 3 or 4 DBZ t-shirts in my closet from when I was young. >_> Seriously though how can someone NOT love the DBZ episode of the first major fight between Gokuu and Vegeta? I still get gitty watching that episode (probably from suffering a sezure from the flashing screen)

*Scurries away*

I'll cast my two cents: it doesn't look horrible (edit: okay, yes it does), but because we're spoiled by:
  1. Action movies in general
  2. The recycling of Matrix-like effects
  3. The uniqueness and style of the Dragon Ball series
  4. The fact that Goku being a white kid is logically kin to Tom Cruise being the Last Samurai.

...this ain't gonna' work.

As aforementioned, it's not racist to dislike the idea. Simply put, a white guy having this much status amongst Asians is unlikely. The reason why anime characters tend to look American is because they're geared to American viewers.It isn't bad that asians sought a warrior regardless of his attributes, but it is outright hilarious to witness a white kid named "Goku", already unusual as a name amongst the Japanese.

Goku's destiny was slightly predetermined by his ancestry. Not to say that they chose his fate, but to respect the truth that he was born a Saiyan, specifically as a descendant of Bardock, who fell victim to Frieza the badass.

I'm not being nostalgic or "fanboyish" here (not even my style); rather, I'm being realistic. I did like Spiderman 3, but listen: this is Hollywood's biggest fuck-up since Spiderman 3's Eddie Brock, a scrawny loser with insecurity problems who lost his NY job and went insane. The movie does not have to be the carbon copy of the original, but it shouldn't take the elements of the original, roll it into a fat blunt, smoke it, and use the exhaled vapors as the remains of what we call ideas for a movie.

[*]The fact that Goku being a white kid is logically kin to Tom Cruise being the Last Samurai.

...this ain't gonna' work.

Why the FUCK does everyone rag on Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai? It's about a foreigner adopting another culture, did you miss that part? You know, where they show him as an American Civil War vet hired to wipe out the samurai akin to the US Military wiping out Native Americans? And then gets the crap kicked out of him and lives with the enemy? And then adopting the culture of his captors? And then sympathizing with them? And then after an unfair slaughter I don't know, became the Last Samurai!?

Was there an alternate version of the movie where a Japanese couple had a white son that grew up to be the only white American samurai and then the Japanese samurai made fun of him and wouldn't let him play samurai games? And then did the Japanese samurai get smallpox, leaving the white American samurai to be THE LAST SAMURAI? I somehow missed this.

The Last Samurai was an excellent film and though Tom Cruise is crazy as hell, the man can act and isn't given enough credit due to his public image.

Dragonball: Evolution is gonna suck balls.

Why the FUCK does everyone rag on Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I just said it because it sounded funny. I've never seen it although I do know the plot. I never had the chance, but I'll check it out.

The Last Samurai was an excellent film and though Tom Cruise is crazy as hell, the man can act and isn't given enough credit due to his public image.

I give him mad props for his acting.
I'm not going to be there to watch such abominable blasphemy.

Was there an alternate version of the movie where a Japanese couple had a white son that grew up to be the only white American samurai and then the Japanese samurai made fun of him and wouldn't let him play samurai games? And then did the Japanese samurai get smallpox, leaving the white American samurai to be THE LAST SAMURAI? I somehow missed this.

It doesn't make a bit of difference guys; the balls are inert.

I agree with what you're saying about The Last Samurai... but I'm not so sure anyone's implying that it didn't make sense - only that it's very unlikely, or a huge coicidence, or just difficult to believe the concept at first.

I don't know a lot about Dragonball, but to me the characters don't look like Dragonball characters without the correct hair. It didn't look like the trailer contained anything like Dragonball-style combat either, aside from the charging energy stuff in their hands. But that explosion near the start looked bang on! (I'm not kidding, despite the near-unavoidable pun)

Which kind of makes it look like their using the "Dragonball" name just to rake in money.

Hollywood always does that though.

I'm annoyed. On one hand, I know this movie will be awful. I just know it. I'm okay with that (the source material, admittedly isn't all that great)... but my problem is that I will probably be there opening day to see it all go down regardless.

Really makes me wonder how that Akira flick is going to turn out...