Official Dragon Ball Movie Trailer!

Zombie

Ugh...why? Why must Hollywood ruin so many excellent stories in transition? Did Akira actually hand over permission to scew his story so bad?

Well, I don't really know how much control he has over Dragonball. I don't know too much about Japanese copyright law, from my understanding, it's very lax.

Even then, Dragonball is based off of Journey to the West...

• 1 month later...

You obviously didn't see the second Underworld movie. Also,

Ugh...why? Why must Hollywood ruin so many excellent stories in transition? Did Akira actually hand over permission to scew his story so bad?

The thought of DB/DBZ being considered an "excellent story" made me lol. I mean, really, it's an anime about people with kung-fu superpowers kicking each others' asses. Which is cool, but the story is just an excuse to provide opportunities for asskicking.

Just wait for the sequel, where it's 110 minutes of powering up (sorry, im sure someone else haws already used this joke). :<

I'll be going to see the movie, but my expectations are where they should be. Anyone saying that the story is being ruined is far too invested in it to be rational. I second Native Jovian; the story was fun, but excellent? I'll respectfully disagree.

Japanese mass-consumer media property is converted to American mass-consumer media property. I can see how you may prefer one culture over another, but it's not like they are making a Hollywood blockbuster out of Crime and Punishment (which btw would be an absolutely terrible idea).

• 1 month later...

I was over on GeekyRobot and the site just posted two clips found on Yahoo. Honestly, I got a chill watching the 2nd clip. Not 100% sure why though. Maybe the movie won't be as bad as most people think. At the same time though, I wouldn't walk into the theater expecting a live action remake of the amine itself. How many times would someone want to see the same thing over and over?

Link

I was over on GeekyRobot and the site just posted two clips found on Yahoo. Honestly, I got a chill watching the 2nd clip. Not 100% sure why though. Maybe the movie won't be as bad as most people think. At the same time though, I wouldn't walk into the theater expecting a live action remake of the amine itself. How many times would someone want to see the same thing over and over?

Link

Actually that wasn't bad heh.

Link

Definitely not bad, but I'm sad, I was hoping I'd feel whatever you did from the clips... nada.

You obviously didn't see the second Underworld movie. Also,

The thought of DB/DBZ being considered an "excellent story" made me lol. I mean, really, it's an anime about people with kung-fu superpowers kicking each others' asses. Which is cool, but the story is just an excuse to provide opportunities for asskicking.

Have you actually ever read the comics? Yeah, after about book 15 or so it's pretty much just huge battles and leading up to those battles, but the first 12 or so books are really good tale of adventure. Check out the first books sometime and you will probably be surprised by the content.

As for the movie... meh...

Definitely not bad, but I'm sad, I was hoping I'd feel whatever you did from the clips... nada.

It was the second clip more then the first. Rewatching it though, not sure where it happened. I think it had more to do wih the fact that the movie looks to have more promise then I was originally giving it.

I shuddered when I heard Goku was going to get his clock cleaned. I like the fact there was some minor humor in there though. My wife said 'Jesus that looks bad.' when Goku was doing the rapid punching.

Overall, I'm going to give this movie a shot depending on what my one die-hard friend has to say of it after it comes out.

Then again, he did like Bloodrayne......

So I went and saw it today.

It was bad if you are a fanboy.

Or a hater of cliche.

On the other hand, a completly not stupid Goku is a treat, the ladies were delicious eye candy, and Master Roshi, though a bit over the top, was nailed nearly perfectly by Chow Yun Fat.

The dialouge is soooooooo bad at times. But I blame the writers, not the movie for that.