OCR00331 - Radical Dreamers "Hip Dreamer"

Saunders

Radical Dreamers 'Hip Dreamer'

Hip hop. *sigh* I don't like hip hop. This mix is overall pretty darned cool, even for a style that I don't like. Don't care for the sample used in the melody around the middle. After that it's also pretty good, nothing I'm ecstatic about though.

Check it out, along with the rest of the Far Promise flood of Apr 21st. Collect the whole set!

• 6 months later...

This is a fairly original take on the FarPromise song - it's not very fast, but it has some cool instruments and doesn't get boring, though it's not a song you can loop on and on for hours.. This mix, like several of AmIEvil's (see his Shadowgate 'Dancefloor' remix), is very solid all the way through, but doesn't change much and is just "pretty good", not "great". It IS however, as I've said, one of the more original styles of FarPromise mixes.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's a pretty interesting take on the original theme. But, something about the mix sounds a bit empty, like it's lacking real substance. I think it might have to do with how the main melody seems overshadowed by the percussion and bass around it, so it comes across as an ambient track without a melody. It's an ok mix, however; but I think AmIEviL's other mixes show a lot more strength. KF

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I never know where AmIEvil is going to go next. With styles ranging from the haunting FFVI remix Death on the Snowfield, to an acid mix from Zelda 3, the random remixer does everything. This song begins with a beat that reminds me of somewhere in the slums of FFVII and leads into a well balanced mix. The sudden slowdowns are not my favorite effect but they add to the mix nicely. At 1:20 the mix picks up, but the track ends soon after. The mix needs to be a little longer. AmIEvil should have explored the latter part of the mix a little more. Altogether a great job and a good remix.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Next to anything by COTMM, this is one of the strangest songs I've heard. 0_o

As opposed to the other Far Promise flood, the melody is, ironically, actually lost, for the most part,in the rest of the mix.

Meh...

It's not really to good though; it feels like some bad attempt at urban free styling or something...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00331 - Radical Dreamers "Hip Dreamer"