Have you ever cried because a song was THAT good?

LuketheXjesse

Definitely "The Best is Yet to Come" from MGS. Smiles & Tears from EB is another one. Come to think of it, a lot of songs from Earthbound and Mother are super good. Here's sort of a list.

-"Mother Earth", the opening to Mother.

-"Eight Melodies", a song very important to Mother.

-The credits to A Link to the Past.

-The credits to Yoshi's Island.

-"Theme of Laura" from Silent Hill 2.

-"Room of Angel" from Silent Hill 4

-The Mother 3 Love song. It's so beautiful.

-"Because I Love You" from Earthbound.

Some non videogame songs.

-"I Will Wait for You" - I remember this song from long before Futurama used it to tear out our hearts. My grandma used to sing this to her beloved Westie. He died in 2002. I saw Jurassic Bark in 2005. I fucking CRIED.

-"Street Spirit (Fade Out)" by Radiohead

-"Drinking Song" by Rob Dougan

-"Eight Melodies", a song very important to Mother.

-The credits to A Link to the Past.

-"Theme of Laura" from Silent Hill 2.

-"Room of Angel" from Silent Hill 4

-The Mother 3 Love song. It's so beautiful.

-"Drinking Song" by Rob Dougan

Agreeing with all of these.

I don't really understand the implied connection here. Does Christianity necessarily enhance musical emotion?

Thin Crust is just doing that thing some religious people do. They have to mention their religion whenever they can for some reason, whether they realize it's appropriate to do so or not. It may be relevant in that music had made him cry, but he didn't meed to tell us it was because of his religion (which may be the basis for how he was moved or not).

He could have just cited the titles of certain songs, or even just said "a few songs I heard in church", but instead, he had to announce it first.

As for the topic, no. I'm dead inside, obviously.

I don't really understand the implied connection here. Does Christianity necessarily enhance musical emotion?

Most songs tell a story or at the very least, try to sound good. Christian songs however, bring to light the core beliefs of what is central to our faith. It universally speaks to all individuals on a personal level. And not only that, the core values of what a Christian believes is an awe inspiring thing. To avoid any unnecessary flaming, I wont go any further than that.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah JESUS!

Seriously, why?

Are you one of the people that we see in the commercials for that compliation of christian music that goes to the shows and waves their hands in the air, crying, and praising jesus? Cause that shit seriously scares me. Looks way too much like a cult.

hahaha "Our God is an awesome God!"

Those commercials are so stupid.

Thin Crust is just doing that thing some religious people do. They have to mention their religion whenever they can for some reason, whether they realize it's appropriate to do so or not. It may be relevant in that music had made him cry, but he didn't meed to tell us it was because of his religion (which may be the basis for how he was moved or not).

He could have just cited the titles of certain songs, or even just said "a few songs I heard in church", but instead, he had to announce it first.

As for the topic, no. I'm dead inside, obviously.

Actually he's not. He's saying that his faith and songs about faith-related things have made him cry. He's not posting the songs because they're not really that relevant here, and would most certainly be made out to be "that thing that some religious people do" due to their lyrics and topic. You're just being an ass trying to subtly ridicule him and his faith. Yes he could have said it another way, but so could you, in a way that wouldn't demean him and his faith.

And yes, Our God is an awesome God is an awesome song. Not sure it's made me cry, but I do know there are loads of songs, christian, vgm, movie score, and others, that have.