PHIJAYY - Playtekhno (Jayy)

PhiJayy

This is cool. I like the quotes used. It adds a lot to the mix. The progression is nice and the beats are hot. Nothing wrong from an arrangement standpoint.

I agree that it's a bit rough around the edges. I feel that it gets a bit overbearingly noisy and grainy at times. I think that you could bring some of the effects back a notch. This bothered me a lot more on my high quality headphones than my crappy earbuds, so it's definitely the high ends.

Nice work. I look forward to that album!

Also - you left out Beatdrop as a "sounds like". This reminds me more of his work than the ones you mentioned. =p

Hey, thanks for the comment!

Yeah the effects used sounds as you perfectly put it overbearing at times. I'm gonna fix this then upload a fresh copy probably today.

Also - you left out Beatdrop as a "sounds like". This reminds me more of his work than the ones you mentioned. =p

Ha, yeah I did leave out Beatdrop. He probably should come first. :<

As far as the album goes, it will be released in January 2009. Ourstage is throwing a partyline talking about the album. So of course your invited. :)

I maybe releasing my half of the album for free.

Edit: I got the quotes from some kind of history site. I don't remember which.

Update: The track has been updated removing distortion in the effects, and has otherwise been slightly adjusted. Also the .mp3 is tagged with a pic of the album cover and everything so feel free to download the song.

Of course to download just right-click the same link and hit "Save Target As"

Let me know if you like it. :)

Enjoy!