Pokémon D/P: Twinleaf Town

Jackrabbyt

Well, it's pretty good - I really like the weird choice of tamber. However, I do think that the piece progresses to slowly - it's basically one concept repeated many times, even with the increasing layers, and to cure that I think that you need to get to that really good piano entrance sooner.

However, I may also suggest that you wander a little more - while a shortened piece would help, I think a bit more of an off-the-path quality could do wonders for the piece.

Try leaving that creepy high-pitched tambre alone for a section and focus on the piano going a little crazy. Don't keep doing the same melody (though the same tempo would be advisable) - invent something different. Maybe make the drums a little more prominent.

Errrgh... sorry if that sounded really bossy. It's just I think your piece has real potential, but it's not quite there yet. Excellent concept, just flesh it out a little more! :] Don't give up - it's good stuff!

I hear a lot of promise in this one!

Now, I'm not one to really get into the science of music, but if I may offer one small bit of advice?

The ending is too abrupt for a peice that's so downtempo. Try a fade out at least, or perhaps spice it up with everything sputtering into a messy fuzz or what have you.

Totally, I liked the song when I had first purchased Pearl. But I always thought it'd sound cool if it were made a little more *dark, if you will.*

And in the spirit of the upcoming Halloween, what better to do than an eerie version.

I *am* working on some improvements, the ending is one.

The drums, I am content with but I am still looking for some additions.

About the piano, I might add a little more. At least in the beginning.

Thanks for the critic, it is much appreciated.

I'm glad you took the time to listen to it.

No source link, no source comment.

This is repetitive, too much for my taste, and most certainly for OCR's. The intro goes on for way too long with just that single instrument. 24 seconds? No. 48 seconds until there's another instrument (drums don't count here). No.

Strings don't sound very real, some of the notes have too long attack, you might be better off with intentionally synth sounding strings. Around 2 minutes in, it gets pretty. I like the blend of the simple sine and the piano.

production isn't bad, but there's some fixes you could do, mostly levels. You should probably have a bass instrument as welll, cuz it feels a little lacking in the low department. The kick is pretty good in that regard, but you might want to have some harmonic bass as well, I didn't hear any.

I think this is surprisingly good, considering the dull intro. Good luck with it.

Remixer, listeners, please take the time to answer the questions in this post, we're trying to improve the WIP board and we need your feedback.