is it possible to download samples online and put it into my logic express?

You can load sf2 Soundfont files into Logic's EXS sampler. And there are plenty of free soundfonts online, check the links at the bottom of our links page.

Also, read Logic's manual and/or be prepared to search online. I have a gut feeling you're going to come back with a potentially stupid question that you could easily answer yourself.

For simple applications (like a basic 4 to the floor kickdrum), you could consider making a new audio track and drag & drop samples on that.

also, yes, this is kind of a stupid question. Get yourself a nice tutorial book if the manual doesn't do that for you, take your time to learn the basics and to wean yourself off your previous DAW (if that's your intention). It's too easy to step back and to avoid learning new things. Don't ask - do.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=766175#766175

use "Save as" on the .rar, unpack them, see if EXS24 will convert .gig (Gigasampler) files for you, and you'll have 2 steel drums. Especially STEEL.RAR sounds pretty good.

If that's not working for you for some reason, I've put them through Kontakt 3 which imports .gig files and converted everything to .wav, and I'll upload it if importing doesn't work out. But do try that first.

The disadvantage of this is of course that you'll have to reprogram everything again, but since there are 4 samples per note that's not rocket science.