Couple Songs Not Playing In iTunes

Haze01

Hi. I downloaded a couple albums off of here - Chrono Symphonic, Blood on the Asphalt, Project Chaos and Voices of the Lifestream - and am having trouble with a few songs on one of them. The last seven songs on Project Chaos play just fine in WinAmp, but glitch when I add them to iTunes.

The only difference I can see between those songs and the others is that iTunes says the encoding on them is "unknown" - the ones that work say "LAME3.96".

Anyone know what my problem is, and how I can fix it? Should I try downloading those tracks again?

The last seven songs on Project Chaos play just fine in WinAmp, but glitch when I add them to iTunes.
That's been a known issue for quite some time now. Instructions to fix this problem were posted on the project's web page (back in December '06!):
Hello people! I apologise for the wait on this, but we've had some difficulties trying to get a fixed batch of songs online. Now that the 'bad' batch has circulated so much it's impossible for us to really do anything about it; but we do have a fix that works and is relatively easy for you all:

1) Download GoldWave

2) Open up said WIP files in program (one at a time).

3) "File, Save As" the same file name

4) Problem solved.

Credits go to Xenon Odyssey for this fix.

Thank you for being patient!

Just stick with winamp for them as iTunes is aweful in this regard... I say this only because of bad personal experience and grudge against iTunes; among other things...

Not a helpful comment, but I know where you're coming from. I've had my fair share of problems with using iTunes and my iPod over these last few years.

Try the redownloading.

Gave it a shot, but it had the same problem.

That's been a known issue for quite some time now. Instructions to fix this problem were posted on the project's web page (back in December '06!):

Thank you very much! I should have taken a closer look at the project page and such. I'll give this a try tonight or tomorrow!