I broke into the game industry!

Burly

Hey guys! I posted here a few months back about graduating from Full Sail University.

It looks like the years of hard work finally paid off. I'm being flown out to MD next week to meet with Zenimax Online Studios.

Now technically I don't have the job yet; they are just giving me a last look through to make sure I'm not a jackass. So please wish me luck!!

And thanks for your guy's support thus far. I LOVE OCREMIX! The best music in the world!

(for those that would like to see my demo reel, click below)

demo.png

Which county in Maryland are ya going to be placed..? If you're lucky you'll not get stuck in Prince George's County, worst county in Maryland ever imo... Fairfax or Montgomery are at least tolerable but if you're renting, be ready to do some real home hunting.

Goodluck nonetheless. :)!!

It's an area just north of Baltimore. I'll probably be renting an apartment though, got too many school loans to afford a house right now.

Thanks bud!

Which county in Maryland are ya going to be placed..? If you're lucky you'll not get stuck in Prince George's County, worst county in Maryland ever imo... Fairfax or Montgomery are at least tolerable but if you're renting, be ready to do some real home hunting.

Goodluck nonetheless. :)!!

PG county is poo. My wheels were stolen off my car overnight at my house. I just moved to Ann Arundel. Much nicer.

To further elaborate, here's a thread on the living situation involving PG County, however it seems to be a year old..? A lot can change in a year...

The thing is I'd just stay the fuck out of PG...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/maryland/72796-stop-denegrating-pg-county-49.html

The next is for the Baltimore area, though Drum probably would be better to ask on his perspectuve as this ought to be taken with a grain of salt... In particularly the comments...

http://www.topix.com/forum/county/baltimore-md/TMBDC3FSRBOC24IUG

To further elaborate, here's a thread on the living situation involving PG County, however it seems to be a year old..? A lot can change in a year...

The thing is I'd just stay the fuck out of PG...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/maryland/72796-stop-denegrating-pg-county-49.html

The next is for the Baltimore area, though Drum probably would be better to ask on his perspectuve as this ought to be taken with a grain of salt... In particularly the comments...

http://www.topix.com/forum/county/baltimore-md/TMBDC3FSRBOC24IUG

I've had no problems with gangs, but then again I don't explore very far ;) Apparently last year a soprano got her nose broke by a gang who's initiation was to "beat up a white woman". Ouch.

Apparently last year a soprano got her nose broke by a gang who's initiation was to "beat up a white woman". Ouch.

Beating women as a gang initiation, huh? So basically, gangs in PG County are comprised primarily of giant walking, talking pussies, which means that all you have to do is stay outside of the event horizon of the black holes of manliness that exist in the depths of these pathetic creaures' very being, and you'll be just fine.

Hey guys! I posted here a few months back about graduating from Full Sail University.

It looks like the years of hard work finally paid off. I'm being flown out to MD next week to meet with Zenimax Online Studios.

Now technically I don't have the job yet; they are just giving me a last look through to make sure I'm not a jackass. So please wish me luck!!

And thanks for your guy's support thus far. I LOVE OCREMIX! The best music in the world!

(for those that would like to see my demo reel, click below)

demo.png

Wait...what? Where the hell did THIS come from. o.O

I just graduated from CA on the 3rd. :o

I wore my OCR hoody everyday and the whole 22 monthes I was there I only met 1 kid who recognized it. HOW CAN THIS BE?

Nice... Everything I heard about Bethesda Software has been positive, so I think you'll enjoy it. I have a preference for Northern Virginia myself, but Maryland is an all right place. Plenty of parts have gotten much better in recent years, too (though... I still hear nothing good about PG County). KF

Gross dude. Even if someone had a hoodie with my name and face on it, if they wore it everyday for 22 months, i wouldn't want to go talk to them. >_>

Less Ramaniscence and more Laundryiscence IMO.

lol, you under estimate how much OCR merch I own :|

I will say that my OCR hoodies are actually in the best shape out of all my hoodies/sweaters.

But you HAVE to wear a sweater everyday at Full Sail. It's always winter in those buildings. The windows to the CA building are constantly covered in condensation like the inside of a freezer.

lol, you under estimate how much OCR merch I own :|

I will say that my OCR hoodies are actually in the best shape out of all my hoodies/sweaters.

But you HAVE to wear a sweater everyday at Full Sail. It's always winter in those buildings. The windows to the CA building are constantly covered in condensation like the inside of a freezer.

LMAO! So true.

And CA such a small building packed with a million students. I'm glad I got out of there when I did.

So what are you actually doing at this company?

I'm a Character Animator. My job will be to create the bones and joints that turn static models into animatable characters (known as character rigging). Then I get to make character animations used in game. Basically actions like running, jumping, death, etc.

Thank you everyone for the support! I don't mind questions either.