TV Hookup Question

RepressedChaos

likely the resolution for your PC is out of range (too big or too small) for your tv. most tvs can't support the normal resolution for a pc monitor, it's far too big. if it supports 720p, turn your screen res down to like 800x600 and go from there to find the largest possible resolution that is in the correct ratio.

btw, this should have been in help and newbies. i'll pm a mod to move it.

why not just pick a proper res like oh...1280×720 or 1920×1080...480i/p, 720i/p and 1080i/p actually mean something.

i realize that. however, whatever computer he's using might not have built-in support for widescreen - a lot of laptops and desktops with basic built-in video don't - and so i was suggesting something low-end. since most graphics drivers nowadays don't support the standard 640x480 (or whatever 480p is), i suggested the standard low-end res.

I will point to page 40 of the LG user manual for supported resoltuions. Note that it does not do proper 720 widescreen, instead it goes for the computer compatible widescreen 768. Make sure you select the proper res for both TV and Computer.

Most video cards (laptop or PC) do support widescreen res, they however will not show up because your current screen does not support those resolutions. There are of course exceptions but they are becoming rare. Plus most laptops have gone to the widescreen displays anyway.