It is a good day for Virtual Console

Shadow Wolf

Wow. Today we get World of Goo, Cubello, Secret of Mana, and Super Street Fighter II: SCE.

Linkage.

But perhaps most interesting to me is Secret of Mana. Aside from my extreme irritation that I finally caved and bought this on a cartridge for 40 bucks not even a month ago, it is a Square game. On virtual console. That likely means there will be MORE Square games on Virtual Console in the future. That makes me happy.

I already Have SF2 on a Genesis cart, but I'll definitely picking up World of Goo. Aside from Animales De La Muerte, which looks like potentially the funniest game of ALL TIME, World of Goo is the WiiWare game I'm most excited about.

I actually booted up my cartridge of SoM yesterday. I was getting an urge to play it, after seeing how Japan has it on their VC already. But I'm not going to get it. I want them to make an WiiWare that allows you to boot up a VC game and play it over the web. When they do that, I will buy SoM. Or, if someone can tell me if they changed the game somehow, and convince me its worth it.

any reports on whether or not you can do 3 players with the VC SoM?

Well the VC itself is capable of emulating at least up to five controllers, in Bomberman '93 for the TurboGraphix.

If they did it for one, there really shouldn't be any reason the same could be done for any other game that could use more than the original system's controller ports.

Well the VC itself is capable of emulating at least up to five controllers' date=' in Bomberman '93 for the TurboGraphix.

If they did it for one, there really shouldn't be any reason the same could be done for any other game that could use more than the original system's controller ports.[/quote']

yessssssss. I am going to be picking this up tonight then! :-D

It's called ethics. (If you're referring to emulation or wads.)

Yes yes, ticking off the lurker enough to yell at someone, whatever...

Nice delurk. :)

Also, I just checked and the VC version does support 3 players.

Yep. The official press release for SoM mentions "1-3 Players."

And Nohbody, PotS is right. It's called ethics and having morals. People pay for SNES games on the Wii because they want to buy them.

Or are you suggesting/advocating piracy on the forums? Be very careful about that. :350:

I actually buy SNES and Genesis games on cartridge usually because I so prefer playing them with their original controller. Although I did have to crack My Secret of Mana cartridge after I got it and replace the save battery because the original expired. That'll probably be happening to a lot of SNES cartridges fairly soon.

I actually buy SNES and Genesis games on cartridge usually because I so prefer playing them with their original controller. Although I did have to crack My Secret of Mana cartridge after I got it and replace the save battery because the original expired. That'll probably be happening to a lot of SNES cartridges fairly soon.

Oh god what.

NOOOO. MY PERFECT SAVE FILE. I HAD EVERYTHING. BEST ARMOR, L99

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Oh god what.

NOOOO. MY PERFECT SAVE FILE. I HAD EVERYTHING. BEST ARMOR, L99

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well, the oldest SNES games were released in about 1991, and the batteries have a lifetime of 15 years before their stated expiration date. For example, when I cracked my SoM cart, the expiration date said 7/08, about a month before I bought it.

Give or take a few months, a lot of gamesave batteries will be expiring soon, especially games like Super Mario World that were released early in the system's lifecycle. The good news is they aren't that hard to replace, and the batteries used in the carts are still readily available at Wal-Mart.