Sale/Want 3.0

prophetik music

Hey' date=' I'm looking for a cheap copy of The Orange Box for PC if someone is willing to sell it... it'd have to have a working CD key and all that, of course.

Thanks.[/quote']

I bought mine from steam for $9 a bit back, not sure if it was a sale but Id check there first,

the orange box occasionally goes on sale for 75% off at steam. just keep your eyes peeled and you'll see it go on sale again. someone around here might have an extra copy of at least part of it (thanks to these deals) - they can gift it to you if you ask them. check the tf2 thread for anyone who's got extra games lying around.

steam has THE best sales.

So I'm working on a little site with PHP (which I desperately need to bone up on) to help me better manage my stuff. It will arrange everything in tabular format, have photos, give visitors the ability to bid on an item, and allow me to easily modify and update it (and if other people liked it, I could set up sites for them too). I wanted to wait to reveal it until it was finished but I don't have any hosting (and I'm poor at the moment... partly because I haven't sold much!), so I have to come out now and ask if anyone is willing to host such a site?

I used to host with domainsvision, and was paying $4 US a month (if you paid for a year at a time). You could also host yourself, at least in the development stages; it's not hard to set up apache/MySQL/PHP on your machine if you don't want to make your site available to the outside world.

I recommend Byethost. They host for free with little to no limitations, and your site stays up as long as you get five visitors per month (and i suspect that they dont have to be unique either). Also they have php/mysql with more freedom than most free hosts, but do not support any other server side scripting language (perl, asp, etc).

I'm currently hosting my blog with their service, and I'm quite happy with their service.

EDIT: well look at that, 6 years at OCR, and I'm finally a goomba.

http://thepezman.yalespector.com/

Alright gentlemen, here is Pezman's auction page v. 1.0. This was my first time ever coding PHP, and while I did have a lot of help from my friend Yale, this was ultimately my project. And for a first PHP project, I'm pretty proud of it: it guards against duplicate and incomplete bids, and I set it up so adding photos is a snap for me. I haven't worked a lot with CSS yet, so excuse the site's drab appearance, but fortunately it's 1.0, so I have many versions to make it better. In addition, this is only a small sampling of the items I have for sale (the initial work of taking/resizing photos for a lot of items and inserting info to the database is high). I'll be adding to the site periodically, and making posts here in the thread when I do. But for now, check it out, and see what appeals to you. And if there are any reasonable features you guys would like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Please link to that site from now on, Prophet.

Edited by The Pezman

FF7 is non-greatest hits. I don't understand why so many people want to know about that.

As for length of time, I'll put that on a case by case basis. If one item is especially unappealing and I get one bid for it across two weeks, that's probably enough. On the other hand, if an item is more well-known, and I get several bids across several days, I'm more inclined to wait to see if anyone else comes out of the woodwork.

i now work at gamecrazy. i might be able to find weird games for modern consoles - no older than gba, xbox, ps2, or some gc stuff. let me know. also, if you want to preorder games, get them through me - it helps me get my numbers for the week :< i'll even cover shipping charges.

i want a ps3, model number CECHA01 or CECHB01. preferably an A01. these are the launch models, backwards compatible through the hardware's Emotion engine. both have four usb ports on the back, and the A has a number of other features like wifi and memory card spots on the back of the chassis. i'd be willing to pay around what you can get for one on ebay.