Street Fighter Alpha 3 'Ryu's stage'

Vidilian

No source problem, no source rant. :D

Hihats feel a bit to strong, could be an EQ thing, could be their panning, idunno. While on the subject of panning, the panning here isn't very balanced. Some sections feel more balanced than others, but when you've got a lot of isntruments at once (0:52), it gets messy, and it's like the track is leaning left. You need to put the lead in the center or balance it up, same with the hardpanned rhtyhm elements - balance them up with something ont he opposite side.

The track also feels too soft. A compressor on the master would be nice, a multiband compressor even better. Some of the tracks, percussion and the 0:06 instrument, sound very dry, they could use some reverb and other processing, tho your overall sound is a little more dry than a lot of ocr tracks.

Well, that's that. I like it. It's certainly not what I expected, but I don't mind. Good luck with it.

Wow. Getting better Viddy-boi ;)

I like the oriental feel as you've said. The blown pipes are sexy too. I agree with Rozo on what he said. This one has got major potential to get on OCR IMO.

The percussion IMO needs to come out more, and the bass is a little too clicky for my tastes. Also I think that a nice, wet snare would work here - PLZ no fade out endings too - ellaborate on it moooore. Moooooaaaaar. And it needs more meat so that LionLamer won't go J-Jew all over you ;-D. Good luck bro.

• 1 month later...

Woodblock, or whatever it is, is a little ticky, you might want to give it a ms or two of attack. Same goes for the kick, it's also ticky. Might be part of it sound, but it doesn't sound good to me. There's also a lot of reverb. Snare has way too much reverb, gotta watch that reverb as it can cause clutter just as much as lots of tracks can.

There seems to be some low middle frequencies missing, that's what my ears tell me. Bass and some percussion is good low, but most of the action is way higher up the frequency range. See if you can drop some of it by an octave, that could fill up the mid range better. No promises it'll work, tho.

The remix is a little on the repetitive side, you might want to cut some of the repetition out, find something interesting to play softly in the far background, or just vary the writing more. The same 7 notes repeat over and over, it gets old. Without a clear lead driving the track, it gets a little too empty. Not something a lot of additional track is gonna help, but consider finding a stronger strings lead, or a synth that has a strings-ish sound (lead, not pad), put it an octave over the strings backing you do have, that might work for part of the track. I'm not sure it'll be enough, tho.

Doing well. Despite the crits, this is pretty enjoyable. Doesn't (and shouldn't) dominate the soundscape, but could (and should) certainly be made more interesting. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...