OCR01012 - Final Fantasy Adventure "Willed Assault"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Maybe Zwitra's Zue song spoiled me, but this just seems bland in comparison. There is a definate beat going on, but I can't seem to find my own groove to match it. Definately not a bad song, it just isn't one of Zwitra's best.

• 4 months later...

This track has some emotional meaning to me, this was the first track I heard when I realixed that "Wow, this game has some real good music." The original was in a bad version, but the melody just blew me away.

For Ziwtra´s remix here, it´s very good. There is alot going on in the beginning when all the sounds wants to squeeze themselves in my headphones to my ears, and everything comes at the same time. But yes, it´s techno alright, and I do recognize that track, has the same melody I like, good that you didn´t remix it into an unrecognizable form. Well done, has an overall funky feel to it, I liked the synths, the beats and drummy stuff was no problems to, I may just not be a fan of the more hectic or overstuffed beginning and end, but Ohyes, if it´s good or what.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Pure brilliance. Bass and percussion are absolutely amazing. Definitely among my all-time favorites.

QFT

This songs owns. It tooks a few listens to get into it but after that I've been listening to it for months and months. Drum work and synth programming is pretty sick as usual with lots of variation and nothing feeling out of place.

• 1 year later...

Like this mix or not, everyone owes Ziwtra a lot of thanks for spreading the FFA love, with the cooperation of Big Giant Circles of course. Their personal vendetta to make sure that the game's soundtrack is no longer overlooked as it has been for years may not have been as successful as it should have been, but it was epically awesome for those who checked all their mixes out.

'Willed Assault' is the perfect example of the great Ito source remixed right. Glitchy, melodic synths and beats win me over everytime.

Loved the FFA soundtrack, and uber-love this mix. When you strip things down to the bare facts, this is an extremely effective, super creative contemporisation of a very solid Gameboy tune. Try to find a flaw in that formula.

• 1 year later...

Love intro here. Totally sets up the mood for the kickin' opening section that's about to come in. THe lead synth is just as active as it is passive. Ziwtra gave a very slow melody line great rhythm by gating the crap out of it. Love it. The short breakdown right after the opening was great and recharged the batteries for the lovely breakbeat section right after it! The synth work in this is beyond description. The different layers that interact with each other is just phenomenal. The bass line is fantastic as well. For a track with a kick on the weak side, this track still drives really hard and well. The glitchy snare section was awesome as well, not to mention the section immediately following it. Seriously folks, the attention to pristine detail is what makes this amazing!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01012 - Final Fantasy Adventure "Willed Assault"