VGM SURVEY: Help the University of Wisconsin-Madison!

Liontamer

I took the survey. Found some of the questions interesting.

I honestly don't see whats so wrong with having a favorite remix. Its like asking what's your favorite food or movie. I'm sure for some people its hard to pick just one track from the many greats but others might not find it that difficult. I think its stupid that people shouldn't be allowed to dicuss this because of flaming or other circumstances like the designation of "best mix ever". So what if <insert track here> is your favorite remix. Its your opinion and preference and your entitled to it. Anyone who disgrees can but shouldn't make such a big deal out of it. If your opinion is based on your personal preference then its not worng. Its not like the person is claiming its the "best mix ever" but just simply "my favorite". Also most popular or most picked doesn't always mean best, so I don't see why thats such a big deal.

So basically I'm saying people shouldn't be discouraged from from having a "favorite mix" but it probably is best to "keep it to yourself" based on current circumstances (immature flaming).

I also didn't write which is my 'favourite' but that's because I can't really decide. Even if I did write one, I think the selection might be trivial, as my "favourite" is often highly dependent on the circumstances during listening. I find that most songs on this site convey certain atmospheric overtones and it is sometimes difficult for me to listen to some songs in different contexts (I don't know exactly why; maybe due to the melodic emphasis or thematic nature of video game music?).

Anyway, I too find the selection of questions interesting. I am not a student of Music, so I can't fully understand why these questions were chosen. I would probably find it interesting to see the final result as well, so hopefully that becomes available upon completion. I also plan to write an MA thesis on the industry so I would certainly like to see how this precedent shapes up. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...