OCR01766 - Final Fantasy VI & VIII "TimeShock"

djpretzel

Nice job, Siamey! It's got an interesting funky vibe about it that you don't hear too often. I also like the originality with the combination of 'Magic House' and 'Succession of Witches.' You gave me some awesome music, and gave my subwoofer a nice little workout in the process. Great stuff!

The piece is very good as a whole. I feel that the FF8 portions clash quite a bit and I did not like the sound of the heavily flanged chanting. The use of the "classical" instruments also kinda took away from what seemed to be the intended feel of the piece. But those don't overshadow the clever arrangement and general excellence of this mix.

I am impressed the remixer caught on that the FFVI track sounds similar to the one from FFVIII. I think it's too short as well.. I wish it was longer because it's such a great mix. Nonetheless, I hope I get to hear mixes this good in the next couple of weeks...because nothing has caught my attention lately as much as this one. :wink:

Oh yeah... I forgot to add too. bLiNd feels the same way. He's been jamming this one in his car a lot. haha

This mix is absolutely wonderful. I really like the melody changes you did. This is going straight to my favorites folder. I do agree that it was quite short. I also felt the first appearance of the vocals was very much overpowering. I liked them more when I heard them a second time.

As soon as I heard this song I knew I had to make it longer. I only edit songs I really enjoy and this is most certainly one of 'em. So here they are:

Final_Fantasy_6_TimeShock_OC_ReMix [Keer's Edit].mp3

I took out the vocals for this first one. I really liked hearing them a second time but I simply could not keep them or the song just did not flow right and didn't keep its amazing sound.

Final_Fantasy_6_TimeShock_OC_ReMix [Keer's Edit {Longer v1}].mp3

I took the track and added it to the end with a simple fadeout in the begging of the added track.

Final_Fantasy_6_TimeShock_OC_ReMix [Keer's Edit {Longer v2}].mp3

Similar to version 1 except the intro and part of the beginning is not used to make it longer.

Final_Fantasy_6_TimeShock_OC_ReMix [Keer's Edit {Longer v3}].mp3

Version 3 combines what I did for versions 1 and 2.

I did not post these as a promotion of my own work but because I enjoyed the song so much I felt they deserved to be shared and this felt like the place to do it.

The only rather sad nugget is that it's short, like a short person.

true, but some of my favourite people are short. Well, compared to me.

I think of it as a collection of HAPPY nuggets! It's like a Japanese meal: Small portions, but so many courses! I would nag and nag for a longer version, but in the end would it be as good? this is just sweet as it is.

Definitely a fan, very interesting merger, always liked "The Magic House" so it's great to see it get some love. Combining it with "Succession of Witches" and twisting it into this catchy song makes for a hell of a mix which I will be getting it's fair share of airtime over here for the next little while.

Been said but pity it's too short.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01766 - Final Fantasy VI & VIII "TimeShock"