OCR01766 - Final Fantasy VI & VIII "TimeShock"

djpretzel

• 4 weeks later...

My brother came home for Thanksgiving this past weekend and played this song as part of his playlist. I fell in love during the first listen!

Go figure, it'd be Siamey who made it, one of my all-time favorite remixers here. Still listenin' to Tricky Swamp Style like a fiend, buddy!

Great work, keep it up! :D

P.S. You're really good at creating short, sweet nuggets, aren't you? ;)

No lie; every time this one comes on, I definitely play it twice. It is short, but I can't necessarily say it's a bad thing. It packs so much into that short time, but it's all so perfectly arranged. So I just *have* to listen to it again!

I really think the blending of the two tracks is phenomenal; when it got to the vocals the first time I listened to it, it didn't jar me at all, it just felt so natural.

Definitely a keeper!

• 11 months later...

OMFG I love Siamey's trance work, but he has got to do more stuff like this.

This is mad funky, the lead synths are great, and and the overall vibe is super excellent. I'm not sure where Larry is coming from with the :43-1:10 not being the same key. It checks out to me. I do wish the track was longer, but I won't dismiss this slice of pwnage for being too short.

Great rhythmic melodic changeups make it way grooving.

Check this one out for sure.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As a complete new-comer, I have to agree completely with the length comments. I want to bob my head. The sound is there, and it grabs you. But with the slowdown at 0:42 and vocals at 1:10, with another slow down at 1:40, all in a 2:20 length song, I can't lose myself to the beat even thought I really, really, really want to.

I found that Keer's edit version 2 really brought what I really wanted from the song out. Without the vocals, and the other two slow moments only lasting 10 seconds or less, combined with a longer duration, I can really set it to play on repeat and lose myself in whatever I'm doing.

Now, I personally really liked the vocals. The only issue I had with them was the additional slowdown from the beat. Without the vocals it doesn't transition as well, so I can understand the reasoning behind putting them in.

Two huge thumbs up for your mix Siamey and a big thank you to Keer for the edit. My music player thanks you both tremendously.

I registered an ocremix account to post about this work, which I loved.

It's kind of fun to listen to Nobuo Uematsu's pieces, be reminded of another song on another game of his, then jump over and listen to that. Having the two songs mashed together worked very well here, good job. I couldn't help but mentally insert some of Forested Temple from FFVII where your bell/chime comes in (first at 1:31,) though that would probably make that part a bit too busy since it wraps up shortly afterwords.

aaaaand now it's stuck in my head :3

(I too like the non-vox keer v2, though the jump at 1:09 is oh-so-slightly noticeable, an unfortunate coincidence that must be hard to cover up since that part is so soft. chimes getting cut was inexcusable though :|)

• 3 months later...

For anyone who was wanting a longer version of this mix I finally got around to it! TimeShock Extra is what I'm calling it, cause it's like an extended more chilled out version with slightly different mastering. Also there is a new ff8 song thrown in for good measure!

I hope it is what you are looking for :D

http://heathmorrismusic.com/music/index.php?dir=remix/

Thanks guys!

• 2 years later...
For anyone who was wanting a longer version of this mix I finally got around to it! TimeShock Extra is what I'm calling it, cause it's like an extended more chilled out version with slightly different mastering. Also there is a new ff8 song thrown in for good measure!

I hope it is what you are looking for :D

http://heathmorrismusic.com/music/index.php?dir=remix/

Thanks guys!

Bummer, the link is broken now. :( This was a well done remix too!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01766 - Final Fantasy VI & VIII "TimeShock"