"Hear the Cries of Our Planet" Square Enix Vocal Fundraiser Album

MeleeGurl

Actually, no one has offered Relyan. I really appreaciate the offer, thank you! Can I please see some samples of your artistic work? ^_^

The best place to look for decent examples of my current ability would be the Fan art Competitions on this site. Search FAC's 14, 15, and 17, and upcoming 18 for what I can do. I can also work up some sketches for you by the end of the week.

EDIT: note that my commercial (for lack of a better word) work is far different from my fanwork; however, I currently have no access to my commercial portfolio.

also you need to get a male lead for you with the ff6 opera

i can handle whatever she throws at me. i'm a little 'out of shape', but i can do my part as long as it isn't in the stratosphere. being at a music school for my masters work means i can probably find some other people if need be.

meleegurl, if you're looking for lyricists, there are two that i know of: dragonavenger (she's a site remixer) and random hajile (regularly wins writing compos here at ocr). i already notified random about this thread, but you might want to talk to DA.

since i've been around for a while, if you need a specific instrument i can probably find someone willing to do it, too.

lastly - don't forget there's an edit button for your posts. i realize you're new here, but generally posting two and three times in a row (unless it's separated by a long period of time, like a few days) is generally frowned upon. don't worry about it - just be aware of it in the future =)

I'd be interested in helping after you get permission to do this. Prophet mentioned (thanks for the recommendation, btw), I do lyrics and female vocals. You can see some examples of my work on this site. If you want to see more in depth lyrics check out my site (the dragonavenger sig). Unfortunately, I don't do other languages.

I'm curious to hear a sample of your work, as well. EDIT: Nevermind found youtube stuff.

eMail me if you have questions about getting the licensing.

Sounds like a cool project.

Remember, your artwork can't have anything from Square-Enix or any other IP on it unless you get direct permission, and I'm telling you that you won't in such a short amount of time (but probably not ever).

eMail me with questions!

mustin@mustinproductions.com

-m

Alrighty, let's take care of everyone in order of posts!

@Hemo: Thanks so much for the offer Hemo, I will add you to the list as a male vocalist and once there is need for some male vocals I will send you a message!

@Relyan: I tried looked up the FACs that you suggested and I can't find them here on the boards. So can you please either post or message me some of your art work?

Some sketches would be great! Before you go ahead with them though, what do you have in mind?

@Phophet: Hehe, I'm glad to hear that you're up to anything I throw at you. I think it would be great if you could take the male vocals for Red as Rose, White as Snow.

Thanks for the suggestions on the lyricists and messaging Random about it. I see that DA posted already so I will get to her response lower down in this post.

As for the topic of posting. Well I am versed in online forums so I understand what you're saying. I choose to reply to people seperatly because I feel that it makes it more personal to the specific person and topic. However, if this is the preffered method of response for OCR's forums I don'd mind at all.

@Abadoss: Great! Can you please message me or post an example of some of your current lyrics?

@Moguta: Well Moguta, I was thinking myself that something like that might be interesting. I will have to see what the specific remixer assigned to the project wants to do though. Thank you for the suggestion!

@Dhsu: Haha, well I don't think we'll be putting a 15 Minute Japanese Rock Opera on the Album. However, I do like the idea of using a likewise theme for the album.

@Hale: Thanks Hale! I'm glad to have another vocalist lyricist on the team! I listened to a couple of your samples, you're very good in both of your fields. I actually have a bit of an idea for you to sing a song. Would you be willing to sing an english version of the song "Redemption" from FFVII Dirge of Cerberus?

@Dragon: I listened to some of your samples. I am interested in you writting some lyrics for the album and possibly doing some vocals. The fact that you don't do languages other then English is a bit of a problem but I will see if an english song comes up where there is a need for female vocals! Thanks so much for offering to help with the project DA!

Also, yeah...the youtube videos are not a great example of my singing. I am a professional vocalist and annoyingly enough those are not professional recordings and are on low quality mics. I will be getting real studio time for this Album. Rest assured though I do have a professional singing voice. :)

@Mustin: Thank you so much for offering to help with the licensing of the album! I will be emailing you for sure. :)

Thanks for the reminder about the Final Fantasy Art. I do understand that it's not possible to use any of Square-Enix's characters or artwork in general for the album. I am going to see what Relyan has on his mind and then try to work with him on a creative album design that will convey the message and mission of the album.

@Audio: I am hoping that Square-Enix will be agreeable with the Album not having to pay royalities. I do want it to raise as much money as possible to help those in need. After all that's the major over-all goal of "Hear the Cries of our Planet".

@Hale: Thanks Hale! I'm glad to have another vocalist lyricist on the team! I listened to a couple of your samples, you're very good in both of your fields. I actually have a bit of an idea for you to sing a song. Would you be willing to sing an english version of the song "Redemption" from FFVII Dirge of Cerberus?
I'll give it a shot. I guess I'll need the english translation of the original lyrics to work from then, so I can try it out?

@Relyan: I tried looked up the FACs that you suggested and I can't find them here on the boards. So can you please either post or message me some of your art work?

Some sketches would be great! Before you go ahead with them though, what do you have in mind?

I have a couple different things running thru my mind right now. I'll put em on paper and send em your way tomorrow.

EDIT: You're okay with heavy symbolism right?

@Audio: I am hoping that Square-Enix will be agreeable with the Album not having to pay royalities. I do want it to raise as much money as possible to help those in need. After all that's the major over-all goal of "Hear the Cries of our Planet".

See here's the thing - When your covering another artist I don't think you need their permission - You simply pay a fee set by the government to license the song copyright (not the sound copyright - that's another mess) - You obviously have to fill out the paper work and all that stuff but I don't think they can deny you or anything. I think thats right... - but maybe someone else that knows for sure and has done it like mustin can chime in.

i can do pronounciation guides in IPA and in just spelled-out english, or record the words so that someone can hear them.

that's pretty much exactly what i did for OA's FF4 mix for his "men's choir", it seemed to work out well.

also Square-Enix does need to give permission to liscense/grant usage. it doesn't matter what the end result is...they will need to yes anything you may sell.