Anyone looking forward to Far Cry 2?

Strike911

I've been following this game since it entered it's most recent form, and I would be very excited for it - if I could run it.

I'm a little worried about AI, though. I was watching some demo videos, and I saw some enemies just stand there while they were getting shot at. What's even worse is that it was supposed to be the final build of the game. :?

Isnt this like the fifth Far Cry game?

I saw an extended trailer, and was shocked to discover that it doesnt take place on a tropical island. Far Cry one was one of my favorite games, hopefully this one will do it for me. As for AI, it goes with the series man. FC1 had some of the worst Ai I have ever seen, but it was young back then.

I wasn't impressed with the first at all really. I played about halfway through and just quit.

That's me. The only thing that kept me coming for more was the extensive map maker. As a console-only gamer, I was not used to that kind of creative freedom. But after I created my ATV race courses, a devilishly difficult CTF map floating in the sky, my interpretation of King Kong's island, and downloaded some of the strangest maps from other crazy people, it was all over for me. I took the game out and never put it back in my Xbox again.

I never finished the first one, I just got bored after a while, although I did complete crysis. It does look interesting though, I may try out a demo if there will be one. The thing is, there are just tooooooo many games competing for my time and money right now. Mirrors' edge, Street Fighter HD, Dead Space, Sonic Unleashed, Quantum of Solace (whatever that means!), Saint's Row 2, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Spiderman web of Shadows, Gears of War 2 - all coming out soon and crying 'play me, play ME!' I've missed out a few games in that list as well! Toooo many games.

I thought the first one was amazing. The earlier parts do drag on because they make you explore the entire island. It's either going to impress you or turn you off. It impressed me, though the monsters threw everything up for a loop. I'm glad they got rid of the monsters this time.