Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

electric concerto

I dunno if this topic has been started already, but I saw no sign of it when I did a site search...

Anyway, I finally beat the GC Tales of Symphonia and was left a bit in the dark about some things. Now I'm reading previews of the new TOS game and now I'm shocked. I don't want to spoil anything about the original, but the deal with Lloyd is plain shocking in the new game...

I definitely am going to buy this game, even though I dunno how the Wii thing is going to work. I was hoping for some similarities between the original and the new as far as gameplay goes, but oh well.

Your thoughts?

This is the Wii game I'm most excited about for the holiday season. Nintendo's lineup is really weak, replete with casual games and the like. In the absence of a Mario, Metroid, or Zelda, I'll take a good, hardcore Tales game.

According to the developers, it's a sequel taking place 2 years after the original, though none of the marketing is really labeling it as Tales of Symphonia II. Regardless, I can't wait.

As far as the Tales series goes, Symphonia is the first one for me and the one that got me interested. At first I was shocked by the semi-action RPG gameplay, but then I quickly learned to enjoy it. I'm probably going to remain only loyal to Symphonia tho, I never could find interest in any of the other ones...

So I'm going to spend money I don't really have... Damn economy...

Huh? That doesn't make any sense. If you likes Symphonia, then you'll probably end up liking Abyss more. Vesperia to me is like the culmination of it all even if the story is a bit cliche.

Then again, there's this weird console fanboyism that goes around with Symphonia. I wish Namco stops kidding around and releases all their Tales games on multiple consoles.