Rendered audio always lower volume than in project.

I don't remember this happening before but I could be wrong. Also, it seems that FX I put in the master mixer track are occasionally not used by FLS for whatever reason. This happens with T Racks and the fruity limiter and compressor which are generally all I put in the master section. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Not sure about the FX not being used, make sure that the little FX icon at the bottom of the mixer track is lit up and that none of the FX are disabled or aren't "mixed" in. One other thing to watch for, I've done it once by accident was tweaking things as I listened to the song without realizing I was recording, this messed with all sorts of stuff.

Also, generally as a rule I think FL boosts the actual sound a little when listening in a project, I recently exported a song and it was a few db quieter in the mp3. I guess just try and max out your loudness with FL Limiter.

Good luck.

What audio drivers do you have FL set to? (Options >> Audio Settings)

Using the Asio4All drivers makes FL MUCH louder than in normal windows for me. Apparently this is because it bypasses all windows processing and mixing.

Unfortunately for me, that means I have to set my computer's volume to the very very minimum level to make it listenable on my headphones without blasting my ears.

My drivers are the Phonic ASIO that came with my audio interface. It it normal for a DAW to boost the audio like that or is this a FL thing?

I have done some tests and the mixer problem is pretty inconsistent so far. T Racks is the main problem because the master track just completely ignores it apparently when the mood strikes.