PRC132: A Dark Duck in a Fortress (Darkwing Duck)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 132

PRCv6-02

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

The start has passed for me, it's time for my second round. In the last round, OneUp won with a very nice song, without voting he took the round. I became second, Evktalo was the third participant in the E Scrolls Arena-Sneaking round.

OneUp send me the source very quick and he did a very good choice. He decided to take a game which isn't overmixed, here we go with an undermixed NES Game:

PRC132-DarkwingDuck.JPG

Darkwing Duck (NES) - Floating Fortress - Steelbeaks Hideout

MIDI

MP3

I played Darkwing Duck in my childtime and I remembered this song as one of my favorites. This game absolutely needs love and it's good to see it in a PRC. I hope to see a lot of good song coming in, the source and the game are really worth it.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SUNDAY, November 2nd at 12:59 am Eastern US Time..
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

After the extension, it's time to start the next phase of the contest.

Here's the voting stage

Two entries before the first deadline... and three after (Txai was too late, but I could add his song as well. The extension worked after all).

The mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun!. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

Contestants can vote, but not for themself. They receive an added first place if they do. The winner of PRC131 (OneUp) has a vote that counts twice. You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, November 5th at 4:59 am Eastern US Time to cast your vote.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC133!

The songs:

Hylian Lemon - Winging It

Just64helpin - Let's Get Dangerous

Txai - My name is Darkwing Duck

I received no votes so far, so I decided to add your song. Voting will start in 27 minutes from now (to make it possible to add the song) and I'm not changing the voting deadline.

I hope Just64helpin and Hylian Lemon are able to vote as well (because they first didn't have to do that). In a case of a tie between Just64helpin or Hylian Lemon and Txai, Txai loses.

But yes, Txai is in the contest and I'm happy with that. (Next time, make sure you uploaded the song before the deadline).

Next time, I try to check the thread 30 minutes after I start voting as well, it happened before in PRC130. Just to prevent these situations.

So the deadline is still October 5? Intriguing...

I was still editing the post and I'm tired, but thanks for pointing it out.

Everything should be good now. I'll check the thread in 15 minutes to make it sure. Check my signature and you know the exact time and the time you still have.