Mother/Earthbound - Pollyanna (arranged)

SSB

There's a lot of original stuff around it, but the melody is kept fairly intact. I really had fun doing this one. The arrangement of parts isn't very complex in itself, but I loved exploring different harmonies. Production is probably where this song fails the most, especially considering I have very little technical knowledge of the process. So what sounds good and bad? Should I add more percussion aside from vibes? Add more overall? All comments welcome. This is, of course, just the first draft.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/sonj/neweborch

edit 1: remastered a little to get rid of excess reverb and add other misc enhancements

DNM already pointed out that you need percussion for this, like snare, timpani, cymbals... Stuff that'll make the rhythm of the track more clear.

Some samples might need replacement, like in the -1:38 section. A sample with a different articulation might work better here. There's a lot of legato in here, so some volume automation on those could make it more interesting.

A lot of the time, the mix is very low-mid heavy. EQ the master to give the whole thing a more balanced mix. A lot of the time, the lower range instruments are just too loud, not just the low frequencies. Also, I think there's still too much reverb, but it'd be best to compare it to other recently posted (non-recorded) orchestral remixes.

The arrangement does contain stuff I recognize from the Smash Bros Earthbound tracks. Can't say for sure if it's interpreted enough without looking up the source. I do like it. :D