OCR01769 - Shadow Hearts: Covenant "The Result Is Always Death"

djpretzel

An AnSo mix without a Rhodes solo?! Say it ain't so! Your drug is a heartbreaker.

Actually part of why this is awesome is because it deviates greatly from the tried and true AnSo Formula. (take funky drums, bassline, synths. add solos liberally. sprinkle the occasional Wacky Zany Instrument. stir, bake, submit.) Not that I don't like this formula, it's just good to see AnSo branching out.

Nice work.

(also: bass = sexy)

I think the one thing that bothers me is the...sound...for lack of better words, that I keep hearing constantly in the more industrial section. It absolutely fits the track, but it really grates me after a while.

Aside from that, great mix, as per Anso's usual. Nice deviation from his norm, but I was able to get into it reguardless, and it was quite enjoyable. Killer bassline.

Who the hell do you think you are? If you continue bringing this much awesome to the table, you're gonna crash and burn one day. I mean, who can get away with a friggin' rainstick backing up their synth lead? You, evidently. This is probably my favorite mix from you thus far, better than any of the other 245. Big FAT bassline, and I love the synth lead. The whole mix has a slightly arabesque /middle eastern vibe to it that I'm totally down with. And the rainstick. If only for the rainstick you get mad props.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the skittering on this; really fits the mood and matches well with the moody bass and serene piano. Great choices on the sounds, and and flow was pretty good. This one is all about the vibe, and as such works wonderfully. I did prefer the sections that featured the mysterious piano melody, and really liked the bell's response on the second time through.

Awesomely evil and sludgey bass sound. It's like you grabbed it straight from CotMM. Double thumbs up. :-)

Oh God, this track just oozes sex out of every orifice. AnSo, your a bloody genius, mate. :smile:

Love the mood that everything sets in this. The skitter sounds completely wicked, piano's nice and light... but the bass, man, the bass. I don't know where you pulled that from and I don't care, that's seriously one of most mean and badass I've heard in a long time.

:razz: I just really, really dig this.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01769 - Shadow Hearts: Covenant "The Result Is Always Death"