OCR Fit Club

Geoffrey Taucer

I havent been able to work out much either, but i do exercise daily. the past week and half. I wasnt in school the days we weight-lifted.. college crap, agh.. im on vacation and the weight room isnt even open ALL WEEK, which really sucks.

So, Ive been sitting at home, in my small town, listening to music, and doing a little toning, situps, push-ups, ect. Not much else i can do when its freezing out side.. You have to love the cold to live in Northen Wisconsin... Too bad I hate the cold, haha.

My workout/exercise regimen is sadly on hold for the time being. Excuse my punctuation, if it worsens, a bit hard to type with a jammed finger, but todays workout went awesome, worked out with my friend Bo, after we were both satisfied, we went to play some 1v1 b-ball, well bout 5 mins left, i was on D. Went to grab the ball on a clear opening.. misjudged it and didnt extend my arm long enough and crashed my middle finger into the ball.. thus giving me a very painfull Jammed Finger.

I can still work my abs though :)

Been stretching, but aside from the occasional planche or press handstand, I have been doing zero strength work.

I'm heading in early to work out tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT:

Also have you gotten that book from gymnasticbodies yet? I heard it was suppose to be coming out around this time... I just haven't heard of anyone getting it yet.

Got it. I love it. Definitely got a lot of material that I'm going to put to use with myself and my kids.

I suppose it's time for an update. On October 28th, Wii Fit weighed me at 259.7 pounds. On December 2nd, a little over 1 month later, Wii Fit weighs me at 246.7 pounds. That's right, 13 pounds off in a month. My target rate of loss was 5 pounds a month, so that's almost 3 times the rate of my projection. All I've been doing is walking between 2.6 and 3 miles a day, eating (much) less, and doing PT stabilization exercises for my back.

That's another thing that was insane too. About 2 weeks ago, I tweaked one of my several herniated spinal discs and it started pressing on my spinal cord again. For 4 years, one of my discs has flared up about every 6 months, and it usually means about 5 weeks of medication, steroid injections, and stabilization before the pain subsides completely. This time, it was 2 days. In fact, I got out of bed and walked several miles the day I slipped the disc, and it felt amazing.

I feel better than I have in a couple years. My leg muscles are extremely built, and my posture is now stable and aligned because of it. My back is stable, and the weight's coming off. Good times. Here's to hitting 200 someday!

Just went outdoot climbing on granite yesterday, and it was pretty intense. I have a climbing gym near me and I got into it a few months ago, and it is awesome exercise (and its fun as hell). Definitely a great compliment to regular exercises. If there is anything that'll get you in shape it's pulling yourself up the side of walls.

Just went outdoot climbing on granite yesterday, and it was pretty intense. I have a climbing gym near me and I got into it a few months ago, and it is awesome exercise (and its fun as hell). Definitely a great compliment to regular exercises. If there is anything that'll get you in shape it's pulling yourself up the side of walls.

Awesome stuff. I've missed being able to go to the climbing wall at my former University since I've moved. Definitely a good workout.

Also, great job to everyone who's gotten closer to, and even surpassed their goals. Great to see everyone keeping up with the working out.

Went to the gym myself today and did 8 rounds of tabata set chin ups, push ups, sit ups, and squats. I can already feel my muscles getting sore as I type this. I've been keeping up with cross fit workouts when I can. I typically do a workout of the day, unless I lack the equipment to do some of the recent ones; then I'll usually put together my own.

As far as progress goes, I've already noticed improvement in a lot of areas, such as my chin ups; last week I could do a set of three straight, today it was five. I've also dropped five pounds in the last week.

• 2 weeks later...

As my shoulder gradually heals, I'm gradually increasing my training intensity. Yesterday I went through a full-body strength workout for the first time in a month and a half, doing everything except straight-arm rings strength (ie crosses and malteses).

It's looking less and less likely that I'll be able to compete rings in January; crosses still hurt like hell (though malteses and inverted crosses don't feel too bad)

I obviously haven't kept updated with this, but I'd like to stop in and say that I completed Breath of Fire on Sunday while treadmilling. That's one entire rpg played while walking on a treadmill.

Next up is Xenogears, I'm thinking. Eventually maybe I'll clear out my backlog of games...

That seems kind of...brilliant. I mean, you probably won't be running any marathons, but you are getting fit doing something most people get un-fit doing.

I obviously haven't kept updated with this, but I'd like to stop in and say that I completed Breath of Fire on Sunday while treadmilling. That's one entire rpg played while walking on a treadmill.

Next up is Xenogears, I'm thinking. Eventually maybe I'll clear out my backlog of games...

I dont think you should be playing a game while working out man, I think you should focus more on your routine, then a game, it will be there when you get home dude. Focus on your workout, come home, shower get some food. and relax in front of a game for an hour or so.

I played a rather good game of dodgeball again, and did some light lifting on monday with some hoops.

I dont think you should be playing a game while working out man, I think you should focus more on your routine, then a game, it will be there when you get home dude. Focus on your workout, come home, shower get some food. and relax in front of a game for an hour or so.

I played a rather good game of dodgeball again, and did some light lifting on monday with some hoops.

You're thinking of this the opposite way that I am. I'm not thinking of this as a workout. I'm thinking of this as something I do while gaming.

In other words, I could be sitting on my ass while playing the game, but I'd rather be walking. I try to get in about a mile when I do it. Limits my game time, and it's better than just sitting there.

Also, I have older systems set up with the purpose of playing those games that I got but never played, and otherwise would never get to. The new stuff, like FF12 (yea yea, not new anymore, I know...I'm that far behind) will be enjoyed in full laziness.

I think walking on a treadmill while gaming is a great idea. Walking isn't super intense so there's not really a requirement to focus on form, which really lends itself to staving off boredom by doing something else at the same time.

I've been keeping up with crossfit WODs for the last month or so. I only get to do maybe 3 or 4 workouts a week tops, but I'm already noticing a difference. I've gained some noticeable muscle and definition in my arms, and all of my muscles are hardening up. Chin ups are improving; hopefully I'll be back to pull ups soon. Not sure how much weight I may have lost since I don't have a scale right now.

Right, if every single gamer walked for 1 hour of gaming time every day, or even every other day, it would definately put a dent in the stereotypical image of an overweight kid sitting on the couch all day scarfing down potato chips. If you're serious about getting in serious shape and meeting goals, you're obviously going to have to focus without distraction, but if you're doing something other than sitting while you're gaming then more power to ya!

I've been keeping up with crossfit WODs for the last month or so. I only get to do maybe 3 or 4 workouts a week tops, but I'm already noticing a difference. I've gained some noticeable muscle and definition in my arms, and all of my muscles are hardening up. Chin ups are improving; hopefully I'll be back to pull ups soon. Not sure how much weight I may have lost since I don't have a scale right now.

Hell yes for Crossfit. Nothing like working at truly high intensity, and once your done dropping to the ground until everything stopped spinning. I love that as you get fitter, you get better numbers but the WODs just get more awful :)

• 1 month later...

So, after a semester of laziness, I'm going to start up working out again. Good thing too, because I've regained all the weight I lost since I started this up last May.

Luckily my schedule this semester allows me to go to the university gym every morning easily enough, so the plan is to run or use the elliptical for 30 minutes each weekday, and lift weights each weekday as well.

I weigh 205 now. I really should find out what percentage body fat I have, though, because if I'm building muscle from the weights, then weight isn't a good metric for my progress.

Hey, interesting timing on this thread getting bumped.

I leave tonight for Orlando, where I will be competing in my first gymnastics meet in 3 years, as well as my first competition at the elite level.

Another note: I'll be performing a new vault which has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE IN COMPETITION. Ever. By anybody.

Wish me luck!

Yay bandwagon!

In all seriousness, I'm planning on starting my own fitness routine starting next monday, working on upper body and core for the most part. Essentially a military type program that uses a lot of situps and pushups to tone the body. Personally, I'm not that overweight, around 190-200 lbs (need to buy a scale so I know for sure) and at 6', but I need to tone my physique up, mostly so I don't look flabby anymore.

program is 6 weeks long, working up to a fairly sizable chunk of pushups-situps a day, 3x a week.

I'll be starting the workouts on monday, but I'm putting the program together for myself today, so I have charts and whatnot to follow.

Also to-do while I'm doing this...cut soda completely out of my diet, and most fast food, I'm eating way too much of that crap right now.

Will you have a video.

Also. Do a barrel roll.

I don't think it's humanly possible to do a barrel roll without the aid of a jet. To illustrate just how hard it would be, imagine that you're moving forward at a pretty decent rate, and you decide to spontaneously describe a circle while still moving forward. That is you travel along a spiral path that ends with you at the same elevation as when you started it.

Now if he somehow pulls one of those off, I will be more impressed than I've ever been in my entire life.