OCR Fit Club

Geoffrey Taucer

Good luck Geoffrey.

In personal news, events in my life transpired in such a way as to keep me from working out or even eating overly healthy over the holidays. Namely, stress, car accidents and the holidays in general. I'm back at it with a renewed drive though. I haven't missed a crossfit workout in over a week (workout 3 days, rest 1 for my schedule), and I'm eating healthier than I ever have while discovering some new foods in the process. That's a major step for a picky eater like myself.

So far I'm down 6 lbs. in the last week.

I will definitely have video. Whether I land it or not, it's going on youtube when I get back.

Best of luck, man.

Vivi22, if you're looking to lean out pretty fast and still have energy for the WODs try eating a couple weeks strict paleo-zone. That combined with hitting the WODs hard are gonna do the trick pretty quick. When I'm eating at least zone (which is pretty much always, aside from my occasional cheat meal with the lady), I definitely have more energy for the metcons. I dunno...if you're down 6 lbs and that's not just water weight, maybe you already are (that was about how much I dropped when I started paleo-zone).

Best of luck, man.

Vivi22, if you're looking to lean out pretty fast and still have energy for the WODs try eating a couple weeks strict paleo-zone. That combined with hitting the WODs hard are gonna do the trick pretty quick. When I'm eating at least zone (which is pretty much always, aside from my occasional cheat meal with the lady), I definitely have more energy for the metcons. I dunno...if you're down 6 lbs and that's not just water weight, maybe you already are (that was about how much I dropped when I started paleo-zone).

I've actually started the switch to a much more paleo type of diet. I doubt I'll ever be able to manage doing it strictly, and I'm still researching and learning more about it, but I've already started by cutting out all sugar, cutting back on bread and other grains, and eating more meat, fruit and vegetables. I'll have to work on nuts since I'm not the biggest fan, but I've already introduced some new foods into my diet that I had never tried before until the last few days. I'm also going to have to pack snacks to take to work to eat in between my larger meals and keep the energy up all day. It's a bit of a transition to suddenly alter a sizable chunk of your diet, but I do feel better already. I just need to find the right balance of when and how much to eat.

My arms are in an exquisite pain right now. That's what I get for going all out on the weights Wednesday and Thursday after a six month-plus hiatus.

Nonetheless Week 1 was a success. My schedule works out very nicely for heading to the gym in the mornings before class, which is helpful. Last semester I found myself too pushed for time to head to the student act in the mornings.

Yeah, I suppose it's time for an update. My weight is now 239.6, (overall loss of 20.1 pounds and continuing to drop) and my legs are in insane shape. Upper body's still a trick because of spinal issues, so all I can really do is walk. Point is, I'm losing weight. Yay!

Dude, grats. That is awesome to hear!

I suppose I should assert my return to this club/thread. Anyway, I've been off and on for the last couple of months (read: no improvement). I think it's been a just difficult for me to get to the gym due to stuff I've had to deal with, mainly relationships with people in my life. But I have been going pretty consistently in the past 3 weeks and I did notice some improvement! Lately, I've been focusing on more free weights rather than running as my previous regiment had included. I am going to slowly incorporate it in maybe next week as a warm up exercise (about a mile or so). I've been wondering if I should be cycling instead of running since it's lower impact. I value my knees and I'm getting old. :\

Currently:

4 sets of 13 reps @ 20-25 lbs, two handed tricep lifts

4 sets of 15 reps @ 15 lbs, bicep curls

4 sets of 15 reps @ 50 lbs, back extensions

4 sets of 33 reps @ - lbs, sit up/crunches

4 sets of 12 reps @ 50 lbs, bench press

4 sets of 15 reps @ 50 lbs, seated row

4 sets of 15 reps @ 40 lbs, seated twists (for obliques)

@ Taucer: Hey man, ubercongrats on the vault and the meet!!! I showed my coworkers some of your videos a little while ago, they were like "holyshiiit!" :P

---

BTW this is a pretty awesome thread, shame I didn't notice until now. Some of you might know that I started working out 8 months ago, sort of in a different boat in that I started off scrawny and was mostly just trying to get bigger. I eventually gained ~20lb of mass (5'6": 140lb --> 162lb) and maintained about the same bodyfat of 8-9%, mostly b/c I have a bit of a pathetic frame and find it ridiculously hard to put on weight. Right now my goal is to get to 170lb, 15" arms, and bench press 285lb (I'm 162 / 14.75 / 260lb).

Been sticking to my diet and the crossfit workouts (god how I wish I had time for a gym right now though. I miss doing pullups and heavier lifts), and I'm down a total of about 11 lbs. now. My weight loss plateaued for a several days last week, but I find I tend to go through phases like that occasionally. I've been fairly steadily losing again for the last few days though, so I hope this keeps up.

Okay, so about two years ago, I had gotten a bad case of food poisoning for two weeks (with constant bathroom visits, you know what I mean), and I went from around 200 to about 179, but I felt like I was working out decently then (about two to three times a week).

Over that time frame, I tried to keep a workout routine, and now, with having my own place, nearly no energy from work, I've not been going to the gym as regularly as I should, but next week, that changes. Now, I'm going to start back on my routine of workouts, with Wii Fit as a regime in the morning (stretches should help me quite a bit I'd say), probably some strength training (I'm not going in to become a muscle massed goon, being toned is good enough for me). And maybe some workouts on Wii Fit in the evening after work, only if I can't get to the gym that day.

My weight is probably at 193 right now. I'd like to get back to at least 180-ish. 186 was my average, and that's fine by me. I may not be able to get back that low, mostly because when I was 12, my dad took me to the gym and trained me. I have some "fairly" thick upper legs, mostly from those leg workouts from then, but I'd mostly say genetics, either way, doesn't bother me. I'll probably work my legs out a little, mostly to tone them, but won't over do it, I don't want huge thighs (sounds incredibly gay I know). My calves do need some work, they're not that toned.

In short...

Weight right now.....194

Weight goal..........186, if I can just tone up, and still be at my weight, that won't bother me.

Workout routine ... to get to the gym either in the morning or after work.

do some walking/lite jogging to get my metabolism up again

back to Wii Fit. And stick with it longer than 4 months.

eat better, cut the soda,

divide amount of food intake each day,more meals,smaller portions.

Hopeful results.... a flatter stomach, which'll take lots of work

more endurance

a more toned look. Not looking to be huge, just toned.

I'll try to post my results each week via Wii Fit's scaling (since I don't have a weight scale right now). No, I won't be using BMI, that's not accurate at all.

And by the way, has anybody used any of those dietary supplements like Hydroxycut? Or something safer than that, that won't mess my body up or cost a ton of money?

I'll probably lose weight the 'ol fashioned way, work it off.

• 2 months later...

I'm bringing this thing back! Wooo.

Ok so, here are my goals for the summer:

According to a BMI chart, I need to lose about 70-80 pounds to be considered fit for my height. No joke.

I think maybe over the course of the next year or so it should be doable.

The thing is, I've been so busy with school for the last four years of college that I've really stopped working out. Recently, I've been trying to do about 20 minutes of running each day, but I'm not really sure what else to do; it's been a long time since I actually consistently worked out. I'm really out of shape right now.

What other kinds of things would be good to start out with, for somebody who is not in shape at all? I've just been doing cardio, and I'm not really sure what kind of other things I should be doing. Like crunches and push ups maybe? I have no clue.

I have been eating healthier though; haven't had fast food in a couple of weeks, and I've actually been eating like fruits and vegetables and stuff. Just discovered those bags of vegetables that you throw in the microwave and they just steam themselves. Freaking awesome.

Any tips are appreciated.

Posted over in Offtopic awhile ago. Progress being made but a little slower than I had anticipated... in the very least there's slow but steady progress! It looks like people are making progress to with their fitness goals and I'm happy to see that! Ever since Taucer recommended ring stuff, I've been on them on and off it's helped tone me up quite a bit along with gaining tremendous upper body stability/strength. I need to lose a bit more in body fat % a smidge, but I'll get there with the addition of a lot more leg work that I've finally added in to my exercises. Best of luck to us and our goals.

My DSi came with a "shirtless lens". (Yes I am aware I can use the inside lens but I wanted the DSi shown :))

HNI_0003.JPG