OCR01015 - Cool Spot "Smileyspot"

djpretzel

I am proud to say that I feel this was done in large part to a comedic straight man/funny man flood between Lord Gerald and myself.

This song rules for that reason and the fact that that's actually a Pepsi bottle being used in the tune (if I remember correctly! :lol:)

Goofy is definitely the word to describe this remix. When I first listened to it, however, I was kind of disappointed in it, but once it hit the vocals, then I knew this remix is really high quality. :lol: Very catchy, feel-good stuff here. You should check it out if you need some cheering up. And for some reason, I just cannot stop listening to this. When a song does that to you, you know it's worth checking out. :D

RJX025716B434AN.jpg

This song rules for that reason and the fact that that's actually a Pepsi bottle being used in the tune (if I remember correctly! :lol:)

The Pepsi bottle makes some sense because Pepsi owns 7up outside of the US and some Pepsi bottlers make 7up.

Got that at http://www.salutetosoda.com

I don't remember ever playing this game, so I never heard this theme until now. The music feels like it could fit in Super Mario Sunshine easily, with that summertime feel. The whistling near the end is real neat. Overall, this is a really cool song, and deserves a picture of a bald guy's thumbs up.

thumbs-up.jpg

Mazedude,

Very nice. I love the harmonies in this. I haven't heard the original but the quality shines through here. Perhaps the most impressive thing is the way you restrained yourself between 0.52/0.54.

It’s nice to see something in complete contrast to your last remix. I’m not sure Sagat would approve of this, and if he did, he’d probably listen too it with headphones so no one would know. :wink:

Excellent work.

Briliant piece...

i would have preferred the vocals to have been louder, perhaps...they get drowned out by the steel drums and...is that a sample of someone blowing a bottle top?

The fadeout seemed to come a little quick and if I had done the track I would have tried to get a proper ending in...but that said, the current isnt bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Overall, this is a really cool song, and deserves a picture of a bald guy's thumbs up.

thumbs-up.jpg

^ I can't get over that. :lol:

Great, great song to listen to when you need a quick pick-me-up. Catchy voicing lends a lot of character to the whole thing. I remember renting the game a few times, trying to spell UNCOLA in the bonus stages.....good times.....

They coulda made a sequel with the release of dnL, but oh well.

As I said, great work, love to hear more. *runs off to ebay to look for used Cool Spot game*

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01015 - Cool Spot "Smileyspot"