Guitar Hero World Tour

Vanilla Gorilla

Their sample of Fur Elise is terrible. I haven't looked at the sequencer myself but if Fur Elise is an example of their guitar sample then they have no hope.

As an owner of both Rock Band 2 and World Tour I think that RB2 blows WT out of the water in almost every aspect.

Anybody play GHWT with RB drums? Apparently it will merge two of the lanes into one so that the game can be played with one less pad to hit. Does that suck?

Anybody play RB with GHWT drums? Is that good?

My RB1 drums died recently and I'm trying to figure out if I should buy RB2 drums or GHWT drums. I'm leaning towards getting RB2 drums because I have a kickass RB1 kick pedal that I modded with a metal foot plate and the RB2 set apparently has inputs for two kicks which I will then have.

My RB1 drums died recently and I'm trying to figure out if I should buy RB2 drums or GHWT drums. I'm leaning towards getting RB2 drums because I have a kickass RB1 kick pedal that I modded with a metal foot plate and the RB2 set apparently has inputs for two kicks which I will then have.

I played GHWT, and honestly, it just doesn't feel that great. The Drums, although VERY sturdy feeling, just don't gel with me. The cymbals feel to stiff, but I guess they have to to keep from breaking.

The guitar? I like the slider touchpad, but then I don't. It takes time to get used to using it, because when you start using it, you sometimes don't know if your fingers are on it just right.

The whole motion capture thing is kinda creepy looking, especially Billy Corgan, I guess that's nitpicking, but I can't help that.

The music selection has some good songs, like Lenny Kravitz "Are You Gonna Go My Way" is really fun on guitar, so is "Beat It". But "Mountain Song" from Janes Addiction was boring. I almost feel that way about R.E.M.'s "The One I Love", but I've always liked that song.

IGN's review was spot on about some things. It does seem like they were doing things different just to be different. Like when one member fails, ALL of you fail, there's no saving your member, or the whole track.

The whole make your own song thing, doesn't seem that intuitive, or that easy, I'd prefer taking my own song on a PC music editor, THEN uploading it.

But hey, it's a nice feature they put in for those that will REALLY sink into it.

And I just realized that you guys were talking about the studio and not the game, boy is my face red...

That may have been true months ago, when Rock Band 2 didn't look like it was going to support Wii DLC (but GH:WT had confirmed it), but RB2 Wii has since confirmed DLC not only for RB2, but for backwards-compatible RB1 songs. Now Rock Band 2 is pretty much the only one to get, unless you really really care about the GH:WT songs.

I heard that for ps3/360, RB2 is the way to go, but on Wii, GHWT is the one to get.

Who buys games for the Wii though? ^__^

I really do hate playing my Wii though. It is that online thing that just irritates me to no end. RB2 online is the mad notes. In fact, I can't get enough of some of the characters that I encounter in online World Tour Mode. Being the friendless wonder that I am, and working all night, I can't have anyone over to play. So the Wii is the pits.

But I can see your point for GHWT being a good Wii game.

A major thing is to know your skill level. Apparently since the time window on notes so so horriblely long on guitar hero, most of the songs are easier on it (aside from the shitty charting on faster songs and ridiculous 3 note chord set ups.) Everyone Ive shown rock band to that has played GH always complain that RB is harder. So keep that in mind that due to that time window, if you are barely getting by in GH, you probably will suck at RB and get discouraged.

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I own GH II and III, and I really liked III (though on my new setup, the mono thing on the Wii version really hits hard).

The answer to this question could be the decision maker, though, so I hope someone will be able to answer it:

Using the music editor, can I, absent the full package (e.g. no drums/mic) make a GH version of, for example, Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 2?

I'm kind of on the fence with this one. I own GH II and III, and I really liked III (though on my new setup, the mono thing on the Wii version really hits hard).

The answer to this question could be the decision maker, though, so I hope someone will be able to answer it:

Using the music editor, can I, absent the full package (e.g. no drums/mic) make a GH version of, for example, Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 2?

From what I've seen, you can make anything you can imagine using just the guitar. Of course, the demo I saw used the guitar touchpad, so I don't know. If you can do it without the new guitar, you might even be able to use just a regular controller.

But as far as GHIII, you realize Activision offered a replacement disc program months ago? I've been rocking out in full stereo since March or so. The offer is probably still around, somewhere.

IGN's review was spot on about some things. It does seem like they were doing things different just to be different. Like when one member fails, ALL of you fail, there's no saving your member, or the whole track.

Have you actually played a GH game before World Tour? That's always been how cooperative play worked. So it's not exactly being different for the sake of it.

My only complaint is that Australia won't get GHWT for another 3 weeks, and we're also getting Rock Band ONE the week before GHWT hits. God knows if we'll ever get RB2.

did anyone else get ghwt with a wonky yellow cymbal? mine was working only if you hit it really hard, so i looked and people on forums were talking about adding cardboard inside (what i did, works fine now) or super glue to the sensor.

also, has it been confirmed yet if ghwt instruments for wii work with rock band? i was thinking of getting just the disc.

did anyone else get ghwt with a wonky yellow cymbal? mine was working only if you hit it really hard, so i looked and people on forums were talking about adding cardboard inside (what i did, works fine now) or super glue to the sensor.

also, has it been confirmed yet if ghwt instruments for wii work with rock band? i was thinking of getting just the disc.

My friend has a similar problem with his red pad. it only works if you hit it right in the center and pretty hard.

As far as I know, instrument compatibility only works the other way; GH:WT has promised compatibility with Rock Band instruments by shifting two of their lanes into one (to match Rock Band's four-lane tracks), so you could feasibly buy the RB/RB2 bundles and get just the GH:WT disc.

Looks like Rock Band wins.

The Beatles have licensed songs to MTV Networks' Rock Band videogame series, according to several people familiar with the matter, a coup for the Viacom Inc. unit in its battle with rival Activision Inc. for supremacy in the world of rock and roll video games.

The deal, which is set to be announced Thursday by Viacom's MTV and the band's own Apple Corps Ltd., makes the Beatles the next and biggest major band to license its songs to a music-oriented videogame, joining Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC and others.

Rock Band and Activision's Guitar Hero have engaged in heated competition over exclusive rights to use music by major acts.

More details tomorrow!

Looks like Guitar Hero wins.

j/k

That having been said, my roommate and my gf have played it a couple times at Best Buy and say it's the hot shit. I'm pretty excited. I bought those silencers for my Rock Band drum kit because the sound of the pads bugged my roommate and man do they piss me off. Also, we need another good guitar, and this one sounds like a winner.