Guitar Hero World Tour

Vanilla Gorilla

Ok. So I found the GHWT bundle pack at walmart. The game, 1 GHWT controller, and 1 wireless Les Paul for 120. I needed a new guitar anyway, as my old Les Paul is about to die, and my fiancee needed a new one cause our xplorer whammy bar broke. So I got this. Verdict is, GHWT guitar is the sex. I love the star power button on it, and its very responsive. GHWT so far sucks ass though. Same songs from RB2 almost, and the hit detection makes me want to shoot myself from boredom and easiness. Ill have to see how hard it gets later on.

Good game so far.. took me a few days to beat all the songs on guitar, Hot For Teacher took me the longest by far.

I've run into the issue with the sensitivity on the yellow cymbal pad, but it doesn't seem to be as bad for me as others. I'll probably do the tape trick on it.

Band play is definitely fun.. I have a couple friends that are loving all the southern songs in the game.

I thought the bubble man one was pretty cool :S

The Bubble Man one was the best sounding of the bunch. See that is why I don't even care about the song creation mostly because of the midi format. Granted, you can get some great songs made from midi tunes, but that isn't always the case, as it seems with the majority of songs.

Hopefully, Rock Band 3 (you know it's inevitable), will have a better song creation method. At least here's to hoping.

Does Neversoft know about the drum issues, and are they planning to make new models anytime soon or at all?

Also, just making sure: The wii version of GHWT drums has a midi port, right?

Neversoft is a part of Activision, what do you think? I'd be surprised if they'll fix the models that are not functioning without a price tag.

After all, one guy their thought Bands should PAY THEM for putting their song on the game, how conceited can you get?

• 1 month later...

I got the wii version, but I'm having a hard time figuring some things out.

First of all, what do you need to do in order to use a midi keyboard in the recording studio? Also, is it possible to use the drums as a standard midi drumset for use in Garageband? I have the midi-to-USB cable, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I know I'm resurrecting a half dead thread here, but I have a question. I will be picking up Guitar Hero World Tour for my PS3 in a couple days. I'm no Guitar Hero virgin, but this will be the first GH game I myself have owned. As such, I'd like to know a couple things about compatibility, backwards, forwards, and sideways, preferably from someone who's actually had the issues I'm asking about. I've already Googled for some time and not found these specific answers. In a numbered list for your convenience:

1. Can I take my sexy World Tour guitar and use it to play Guitar Hero 3 for Playstation 3?

I know I can use a GH3 guitar in World Tour, minus some neat features, but if I pick up a second guitar, I'd rather have 2 World Tour guitars than buying an older one. Because either way, that axe is gonna be a bass half the time.

2. If I have to buy an older guitar to play GH3, is the Les Paul or the Xplorer a good option?

IF I have to buy an older guitar to play GH3, I suppose I'm OK with that, I just want a really nice one without breaking the bank.

3. Have any cross compatibility issues between GH World Tour and Rock Band/Rock Band 2 instruments been fixed?

It's my understanding that Sony promised that all instrument peripherals for its system would be cross compatible. If they truly are, it would be inasanely awesome to just pick up the Rock Band/Rock Band 2 discs and get access to all that awesomeness too.

4. The original Rock Band drum set had 1 less drum than the World Tour drum set, right?

In which case, do they just not use one drum on the World Tour drum set when you're playing Rock Band 1 on them? I know Rock Band 2 has one more drum, so I assume there's 1 to 1 compatibility for all note tracks on the drums in RB2.

Anybody who can clear a few of those questions up, it would be very appreciated. Thanks!

OK, I know I'm resurrecting a half dead thread here, but I have a question. I will be picking up Guitar Hero World Tour for my PS3 in a couple days. I'm no Guitar Hero virgin, but this will be the first GH game I myself have owned. As such, I'd like to know a couple things about compatibility, backwards, forwards, and sideways, preferably from someone who's actually had the issues I'm asking about. I've already Googled for some time and not found these specific answers. In a numbered list for your convenience:

1. Can I take my sexy World Tour guitar and use it to play Guitar Hero 3 for Playstation 3?

I know I can use a GH3 guitar in World Tour, minus some neat features, but if I pick up a second guitar, I'd rather have 2 World Tour guitars than buying an older one. Because either way, that axe is gonna be a bass half the time.

Refer to this for all compatability questions- http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/11/the_official_guitar_herorock_band_compatibility_chart-2.html

To answer you question, it seems that the GHWT guitar is the only one that works across all the games for PS3.

2. If I have to buy an older guitar to play GH3, is the Les Paul or the Xplorer a good option?

IF I have to buy an older guitar to play GH3, I suppose I'm OK with that, I just want a really nice one without breaking the bank.

The X-Plorer is not available for PS3. It is only for Xbox 360, PC, and Mac. Just get another GHWT guitar that way you know it works with any music game you buy.

B]3. Have any cross compatibility issues between GH World Tour and Rock Band/Rock Band 2 instruments been fixed?

It's my understanding that Sony promised that all instrument peripherals for its system would be cross compatible. If they truly are, it would be inasanely awesome to just pick up the Rock Band/Rock Band 2 discs and get access to all that awesomeness too.

Again see no. 1

4. The original Rock Band drum set had 1 less drum than the World Tour drum set, right?

In which case, do they just not use one drum on the World Tour drum set when you're playing Rock Band 1 on them? I know Rock Band 2 has one more drum, so I assume there's 1 to 1 compatibility for all note tracks on the drums in RB2.

Rock Band 2 does not have an extra drum pad. It uses the same four pads as Rock Band 1. When using the GHWT drums on RB or RB2, it does simply ignore one of the pads. But when using RB or RB2 drums with GHWT, there is a separate note chart made specifically for 4 pads instead of 5.

Hope that helps. I have GH 2,3, and World Tour and RB 1 & 2, so if you have any other questions I can answer them.

It does very much, thanks. I found the handy dandy cross compatibility chart a couple hours after I posted that last night. Their chart still says the GHWT drums don't work in Rock Band 1, but I don't believe that's accurate anymore either. It would seem the World Tour instruments are pretty widely agreed upon as the nicer controllers as well, so I'll eventually pick up RB1 and 2 and play them on the GH instruments.

Since I don't have a PS3 that can play PS2 games, I'll have to pick up a PS2 guitar if I wanna play Guitar Hero 1 & 2. Honestly though, 3 was the only one I was overly concerned about, I don't like the number of bad covers in the first 2 GH games.