Your most nostalgic Video game

WillRock

Oh! I totally forgot about TIE Fighter and X-Wing... must edit list...

Same here, forgot about those. Monkey Island was also on my list for a long time until I found some old PC Gamer cd where they included a bunch of older, full-version games on it. Monkey Island was one of them, made me so happy. Never really got to play the sequels though. I'd like to some day.

Was Time Commando that shitty FMV-backdrop brawler?

I remember playing the demo for that, which I think comes on my A-10 Cuba disc. It was ok, I don't remember it being particularly bad, just weird. There's no real exposition on why you are travelling through time beating up random people, but I guess the same could be said of games like Burger Time or Joust [why are we riding an ostrich? oh well]

offtopic I know, but...I remember hearing about that game before; specifically it's music. Apparently some of the tracks were written by a then-13-year-old Owen Pallett, a Canadian artist who goes by the name Final Fantasy. I had no idea that the game had been released for free, thanks for pointing that out!

Man, make sure you run it through DosBox as well. You won't regret it. I remember this as being the first game that actually grabbed my attention with the music; from the sci-fi military tracks, down to the electronic beats.

Was Time Commando that shitty FMV-backdrop brawler?
Hey, I loved that game. Especially the Wild West levels.
I remember playing the demo for that, which I think comes on my A-10 Cuba disc. It was ok, I don't remember it being particularly bad, just weird. There's no real exposition on why you are travelling through time beating up random people, but I guess the same could be said of games like Burger Time or Joust [why are we riding an ostrich? oh well]

Actually, there was. In the intro we see a virus being uploaded into the central computer of some futuristic historical centre or somesuch causing everyone to be sucked into a VR simulation of the past, including the repairman protagonist Stanley. According to the manual, the virus then sends opponents after Stanley to prevent him from stopping it from infecting the entire system, which is where those computer chips you collected during levels come into play.

Hey, I loved that game. Especially the Wild West levels.

Actually, there was. In the intro we see a virus being uploaded into the central computer of some futuristic historical centre or somesuch causing everyone to be sucked into a VR simulation of the past, including the repairman protagonist Stanley. According to the manual, the virus then sends opponents after Stanley to prevent him from stopping it from infecting the entire system, which is where those computer chips you collected during levels come into play.

That game had a really unique idea that made every level different. That game had something for everyone IMO. The Medieval level owned :D

The first game I ever remember trying to play is Super Mario Brothers 3.

The first game I remember playing effectively was sonic 2. I will never forget when I beat that game for the first time. It is likely one of the fondest memories of my childhood; as sad as that sounds.