Fallout 3 for the PC

Schwaltzvald

I'm glad to see that the 360 version doesn't have as much going against it technically, even if it can't be modded.

360 and PS3's textures are muddy and look like ass.

I hear they haven't even gave the thought the game might be modded on the PC.

Do you live under a rock or some shit? The mod community is already releasing improvements to the menus and things.

Sad, though. I expected much better from Inon Zur.

I thought it was really good and above all fitting. That's something you don't see every day.

I'm gonna work on releasing a full replacement pack of 100% free CC-licensed music that I believe would fit the game - anyone else interested? The music I selected creates an entirely different and better atmosphere.

I'd still be interested in this though. I'm on 360 but I can just import the MP3s and play them from my 360. no biggie.

I sincerely hope I just stumbled on an ending that just ended abruptly, and that there other endings perhaps have some more mileage and resolution. But I get the sneaking suspicion they won't :(

There are over 200 endings. I'm not even kidding about this :D

http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/fallout-3-endings-an-update/

Do you live under a rock or some shit? The mod community is already releasing improvements to the menus and things.

You're muddy and look like ass.

Also, he's probably referring to a standalone editor as the one included with Oblivion, that one really helped the modding community making you know.. new content?

In other news I found this game to be fantastic. I loved Oblivion and never played the original Fallouts (yeah, whatever) so it's not that strange but it just sits right with me. I have 100 small guns and 100 speech with my wicked wig and armor equiped and this just make the quests so much more easy (not like we needed that though..) and gives you a lot of freedom to do.. well whatever :D

Need to get even more unique perks though, gotta find 'em all! Unlike bobbleheads.. I've found two :'(

It looks more than fine actually. You are only going to get rid of the muddy textures if you have a high end PC. I don't. Despite my gripes with the animation and the ugly model types, the backgrounds sometimes look photorealistic. Looks amazing.

I didn't say the community won't. I'm saying Bethesda was dismissive about it compared to the way they anticipated mods for Oblivion (like how the mod-feature was built in for the PC version of Oblivion).

IT IS DONE

http://www.moddb.com/members/overcoat/addons/overcoats-fallout-3-music-replacement-pack

I think you might need a moddb account to download it, but you should have a moddb account if you are anything of a PC gamer :)

It's also probably not authorised yet, so it may be a while before this link actually works, hurr :3

OK, it's officially reached the point of me being unable to play the game. It was functioning sporadically for a while there, but at least I could regularly squeeze an hour or two of play time out of it before having to start it up again.

Now it's just crashing a few seconds in, without fail.

Bethesda had best hurry up and patch this shit or I'm going to be REAL REAL MAD.

Well I finally finished it as I was rather satisfied by the ending I got, however I left off alot of other things that makes me want to redo it...

Not to mention to see "what-ifs" within it.

I was going to do this with Mass Effect, KOTOR 1, KOTOR 2... basically any RPG with multiple endings... but i never get around to it, haha. I always go with THE MOST NOBLEST CHARACTER EVER the first time around too, so I never see the more evil stuff

I actually started a new character and I'm gonna see what happens when you blow up megaton... Even though I kinda like Moira [and her quests] despite all the shit she put me through :P. Also, I probably missed like half the content first time around. I visited maybe 1/3rd of all the places, and never saw those trees threedog was talking about.

Also, I'm glad they explained why all the Super Mutants in Fallout 3 are so goddamn retarded.

I was going to do this with Mass Effect, KOTOR 1, KOTOR 2... basically any RPG with multiple endings... but i never get around to it, haha. I always go with THE MOST NOBLEST CHARACTER EVER the first time around too, so I never see the more evil stuff

I actually started a new character and I'm gonna see what happens when you blow up megaton... Even though I kinda like Moira [and her quests] despite all the shit she put me through :P. Also, I probably missed like half the content first time around. I visited maybe 1/3rd of all the places, and never saw those trees threedog was talking about.

Also, I'm glad they explained why all the Super Mutants in Fallout 3 are so goddamn retarded.

I totally talked Moira out of doing that quest and therefore completed it within 1 minute :D I love 100 Speech.

The game's biggest nemesis for me is the bush. You get stuck in it, you get sucked into it. Either that or a stray metal beam. Bethesda, learn real world physics please. It's amazing how often I seem to get stuck onto items.

I second that notion. Similar problem makes shooting behind cover woefully broken too. It's as if they decided to draw an impervious rectangle around every object in the game preventing you from shooting slightly to the side of whatever the hell it is you're taking cover behind or in between the nooks and crannies, eg) through car windows. That and the allied AI gives me the shits. None of em seem to have enough brain capacity to jump down small ledges. "Lets go Dogmeat"...."Dogmeat has died".

Oddly enough Moira's quests are arguably the most useful in a weird way as they are spread through out the wastelands. They just seem to connection to other areas unintentionally. Gives more reason to explore the entire wasteland. I haven't even gotten to some major places like Canterbury Commons after I got my ending.

I will agree though that while a very ambitious game with a lot of content, some of its luster is lost by the smallest details. Some incredibly funny, some just down right stupid. Nonetheless I've enjoyed it :D

Needless to say, the next run-around (which is probably still 40 hours away for me at this rate of exploring EVERYTHING), I'm either going to personally kill Moira and/or let Megaton explode. Hate Moira.

Possible spoiler, but if you choose to blow it up, she'll still survive. It's like a giant kick in the nuts.

Possible spoiler, but if you choose to blow it up, she'll still survive. It's like a giant kick in the nuts.

I actually laughed hard when I did that. I was all, "wtf how the ever living... You got to be shitting me!"

Nonetheless I said the same thing when I discovered the "Big Trouble in Big Town" bug. The bug where if you meet certain requirements, you can offer to teach the residents how to maintain the sentry robots. Unfortunately they are actually missing within the quest/mission, therefore they'll constantly demand that you fucking show them how to fix the sentries.

There is a fix though... Something that ought not needed to be done but sadly in most cases it is needed...

At least on the PC and the Xbox 360 (happens on the PS3 as well) the broken robots option is bugged. When you go to find the robots, they are nowhere to be found in the junkyard. On the PC, to get them to reappear, you have to use the following Reference ID codes to get the robots to reappear.

Protectron - 0002d934

Sentry Bot - 0002c11b

Since the player.placeatme command does not work with RefIDs, you have to go through this set of commands: (in big town, near the junkyard, press ~ to open the console, then type these in. After each line, hit enter)

PRID 2d934

kill

resurrect

disable

enable

PRID 2c11b

kill

resurrect

disable

enable

After each enable command the console should write something about bot being set to Patrol. After exiting the console, you should now see both bots. Even though they are up and running, you still need to go up to each of them, select them with E, and choose repair bot, and the protectron may be outside patrolling bigtown.

Note: If you can't find the robots after respawning them, player.moveto 2d934 or player.moveto 2c11b should take you to the location they have respawned.

~ Fallout Wikia

basically, unless u have a Keyboard for the console versions or don't have access to the console command on the xbox360/PS3 you're S.O.L. :lol:

I'm also aware of some other bugs within that particular quest which luckily I've managed to avoid the first time around. Didn't even know it had bugs till I reached that point where I could offer them education on maintaining robots.

Edit: OH YEAHHHHHHHHH

Soon as I fixed the Protectron that happened to be wandering around outside, a rape gang of Super Mutants suddenly came out of no where and I was all "OH FUCK OH FUCK RUNNING RUNNING, CHOKE ON MY NADES FUCKERS!!" :lol:

I absolutely love this game. This coming from someone who couldn't stand Oblivion.

I'm a huge FPS fan, so i maxed out my SPECIAL to favor guns and repair and I blow the shit out of everything. Though, those radscorpions are near impervious to weapons that easily take down super mutants... Goddamn radscorpions.

However, I haven't had ANY bugs in my play-through on my 360. I'm level 11 and only at the part where I'm supposed to go to Rivet City; so that might change.

Can someone tell me how to get Dogmeat? I thought you were supposed to get him relatively early on. I've searched through about 60% of the total areas on my map (it at least looks like it) and I still haven't found anything pertaining to Dogmeat. Is he part of the main quest that I haven't gotten to yet?