Fallout 3 for the PC

Schwaltzvald

Well that's new. lol

What kind of machine are you guys playing it on?

I would LOVE to get it, but I wanna know if I could play it remotely good on my rig.

8600 GTS gfx, 1gb ram, 32x dvd drive, windows xp, 19" lcd monitor

You can probably run it fine. I have a GeForce 7800 GS, 2GB RAM, and a Athlon64 3200+. It runs kinda choppy in High detail mode, but there are also Medium and Low graphics modes that would make the game run more smoothly.

I would recommend the PC version so you can get my music replacement pack :3

http://www.moddb.com/members/overcoat/addons/overcoats-fallout-3-music-replacement-pack

Hell, all I want to do is find a way to make it so that Three Dawg doesn't repeat his news so much, and add even MORE music to GNR's playlist. That would be my Fallout 3 musical perfection. :-)

I think the game actually is more challenging when you're a good guy, which is a bit backwards since most games ambush you all the time if you're evil. First run around, it's pretty challenging trying to save everyone and kill all Talons out there (so different from allying with them like some people have mentioned).

Well I dunno, clearing out the Brotherhood of Steel citadel was pretty hard. Hooray for putting stimpaks on a hotkey

but I think I got everyone except the essential characters :D

Also, being the monster I am, killed Fawkes in his cell, then got the GECK myself :3 anyone ever tried activating the GECK? I was hoping for an alternate ending :[

Well I dunno, clearing out the Brotherhood of Steel citadel was pretty hard. Hooray for putting stimpaks on a hotkey

Also, being the monster I am, killed Fawkes in his cell, then got the GECK myself :3 anyone ever tried activating the GECK? I was hoping for an alternate ending :[

Did you make an agreement with the Enclave..? I haven't done it myself but I would imagine that it would give you a different ending

Yeah, I guess the Brotherhood would be a problem... I never thought about it since they were always allied with me.. so strange to think they'd be a mortal enemy.

Also, making money by selling legit business (weapons, technology, map locations) to the good guys is a LOT of money. I think I just ran across my contacts, selling 10,000 caps worth of information and technology. Being good has its perks I guess.

But those Talons can be nasty especially if they decide to ambush me all with Combat Shotguns. Instant death..

Did you make an agreement with the Enclave..? I haven't done it myself but I would imagine that it would give you a different ending

I really wish you could ally with the Enclave, I dunno if you can. If it's possible though: AMERICA, FUCK YEAH. I'm gonna see what I can get Eden to let me do. With my good character the first time around, I got him to shut down and make Raven Rock explode.

I just started killing Brotherhood on a whim really. I was just like "fuck it" and started going crazy in the room with the robot :D

I only ran into 4 or 5 essential characters, actually, Elder and Sarah Lyons of course, Captain Vargas, and Gallows. The Outcasts are now also all dead D:

Damn, doing that Declaration of Independence quest was hard. Sydney died basically right away. Protectrons aren't that hard to kill, but Mr. Gutsy and Brainbots/Sentries are. The only way I got through was by using pulse grenades.

Hunting Rifle, shoot the head. When the head is disabled, no robot can aim with any accuracy.

Pulse Grenade Spam from 5m away for the win.

The only problem is getting Pulse Grenades off Talon Company dudes, because those guys are tough and they're better shots than I am at 100m with an assault rifle.

But in any case, my iconic character is a person with the "commissar's cap" (Enclave officer cap,) a Regulator's Duster, and a plasma/laser pistol. Too bad you can't dual wield the shishkebab at the same time, or I'd be yelling "FOR THE EMPEROR!" and other similarly commissarish phrases, which seem all too appropriate for the Fallout setting.

Also brotherhood of steel cough cough Adeptus Mechanicus and Space Marines

Even hitting robots on the head is tricky, they are often pretty heavily armored so you don't end up doing much damage. Ultimately, Pulse Grenades do the trick a lot better. I don't have much of a problem with Talon mercs... then again I have the Rifle accuracy boost for VATS as well as the Sniper perk. The Combat Shotgun really does the job at medium or shorter ranges, killing almost anything in a few shots.

So far I have 22 hours logged, I'm on the branch of the main quest where I have to search holotapes, and I'm level 13. This game is very deep.

A favourite tactic of mine to take down heavy enemies (i.e. robots) is to use the plasma rifle and fire at it from the hip while moving between objects for cover. When I'm right up in the face I switch to the combat shotgun, pump one or two shots into it before it has time to turn around, and finish the sucker off in VATS.