Fallout 3 for the PC

Schwaltzvald

i hate to say this but i've finished every quest, gotten the unique version of every weapon, collected all of the bobble heads, and all of my skills are at 100. over 40k caps, 5 fully repaired copies of each non unique weapon and i'm neutral standing. i can't wait for that DC to come out on PN.

it brings a tear to my eye. and i'm about halfway through the game on no-weapon mode. (not an actual mode but very difficult indeed)

I'm usually pretty Live and Let Live with my ethics (I couldn't bring myself to finish the Oasis quest- I prefer to sneak past ghouls, etc) but after being stuck in that place and going through the town quest not only did I purge every living thing in that town, I went and bought a flamer and hosed the bodies down again.

This is also what I do to the "hunters" in the wasteland so I think you may know what I'm talking about.

Also, this game makes it too easy to be good. If Super Mutants didn't carry around their gore bags, and if Raiders merely mugged you, I wouldn't have my trigger finger on Ol Painless so often...

What and where is Andale?

As for ol' painless, is it really that good? I mean, I *do* love hunting rifles, but the attack power seems pretty low compared to the 60-ish of the special chinese assault rifle?

Andale is I believe in the north west region of the map....and it's a quest but it doesn't show up as a quest....just go digg around in the basements if you wanna do it.

There is no spread, the weapon is easy to repair because of the commoness, the ammo is cheap and common and it's patriotic! (YEAH American Made!) If I can't change your mind then why not take them both?

I got damn lucky and crit shotted every damn thing in that town with a laser rifle. Just piles of ashes all over the general area.....very reassuring if ya know what i mean lol.:nicework:

like if the nuclear bombing didn't spread enough ashes in the area. I admit that i "borrowed" a laser rifle to some guy trying to kill me and performed a good series of crits too.

I'm now playing with the death claw, awesome stuff. Melee and Grenades that what i use, and whatever weapon i loot on the corpse if needed.

What and where is Andale?

As for ol' painless, is it really that good? I mean, I *do* love hunting rifles, but the attack power seems pretty low compared to the 60-ish of the special chinese assault rifle?

All guns are useful at certain ranges.

Ol Painless is excellent if you're out in the countryside, or in fairly spacious areas (Not dungeons, but even the metro is spacious enough.) There are lots of HRs to repair it with and many people use its ammo (.32 pistols AND HRs) and if you're a bit of an FPS fanatic it doesn't have a spread, so you aim it, you shoot what you're aiming at, which is great if you want to "VATS" people without actually using VATS.

Combat shotgun is my other favourite- that's for clearing out corridors and other close quarters battles. There's an excellent shotgun you can get from evergreen mills. In possibly my only evil act ever, I planted a nuka grenade on its owner's body to obtain it...

Assault rifles are good if you're up against a mob of unfriendlies closing in on you.

Some people say the energy weapons suck but I don't know what they're talking about. They eventually became my first character's main forte and with lots of accuracy and sniper type perks they're very deadly. I feel like they have a much higher critical hit rate and accuracy rate than most of the Small Gun types, especially if you're a heavy VATS user. Plasma type weapons when you get them are especially good. And they're very easy to maintain too since the Enclave have such predictable respawn points. Makes maintaining Tesla armor very easy too.

I agree for the laser rifle. Talon merc trying to kill me usually got one or 2 of them in a squad. So it's easy to repair and maintain ammo. It's currently the gun i carry for exploration, becaue i was surprised by the high critical ratio too.

My inventory is usually:

a melee weapon (in cse i ran out of ammo)

My weapon of choice (right now the laser rifle)

Grenade (for group and tough encounter)

i also grab wathever gun the ennemi is using (got the habbit to do that in STALKER)

i found oasis and andale yesterday, all those small location scattered around are fun to discover.

Welcome to Andale! Voted the best town in the USA!

Every man should work to bring home supper for his family.

I made it through that with the speech check. I had very high speech and even then that was the first speech check that wasn't at 100%. Somewhere around 70% instead I think.

Their basement can be used to get a good bit of cave fungus if you want. Plenty of meat.

Also...I love Vault 108.

I agree for the laser rifle. Talon merc trying to kill me usually got one or 2 of them in a squad. So it's easy to repair and maintain ammo. It's currently the gun i carry for exploration, becaue i was surprised by the high critical ratio too.

My inventory is usually:

a melee weapon (in cse i ran out of ammo)

My weapon of choice (right now the laser rifle)

Grenade (for group and tough encounter)

i also grab wathever gun the ennemi is using (got the habbit to do that in STALKER)

i found oasis and andale yesterday, all those small location scattered around are fun to discover.

I have on my person:

1. Plasma Rifle

2. Ol Painless (And a Hunting Rifle to repair it with)

3. Combat Shotgun

4. Xuanlong Assault Rifle

5. Frag and Plasma Grenades

6. Pulse Grenades (As you can see I have no real anti robot stuff)

7. Sniper Rifle (Which is surprisingly sucky)

I may get rid of the Sniper Rifle at some point- I just use the HR.

I have on my person:

1. Plasma Rifle

2. Ol Painless (And a Hunting Rifle to repair it with)

3. Combat Shotgun

4. Xuanlong Assault Rifle

5. Frag and Plasma Grenades

6. Pulse Grenades (As you can see I have no real anti robot stuff)

7. Sniper Rifle (Which is surprisingly sucky)

I may get rid of the Sniper Rifle at some point- I just use the HR.

After playing this game for hours and hours and hitting level 20 I carry around Sydney's "Ultra" Sub Machine Gun, a Chinese Assault rifle and "The Terrible Shotgun".

Since I'm filthy rich I always hve a buttload of ammo so melee isn't my thing with MAX Small Guns.

Next char will be evil, melee and kickass tho.

Wow, I think I carry the most weapons here...

* Assault Rifle or Chinese Assault Rifle

* Combat Shotgun

* Energy pistol of some kind (Plasma or Laser)

* Energy rifle of some kind

* Frag, plasma, pulse grenades & mines

* Sniper rifle

* Rock-It / Missile Launcher

* 10mm pistol, sometimes

* Lincoln's Repeater

* Sidney's 10mm

I like being able to use any ammo I pick up :(

Wow, I think I carry the most weapons here...

* Assault Rifle or Chinese Assault Rifle

* Combat Shotgun

* Energy pistol of some kind (Plasma or Laser)

* Energy rifle of some kind

* Frag, plasma, pulse grenades & mines

* Sniper rifle

* Rock-It / Missile Launcher

* 10mm pistol, sometimes

* Lincoln's Repeater

* Sidney's 10mm

I like being able to use any ammo I pick up :(

I sell all ammo that's not for my main weaps, pick up anything I can repair with (max repair skill) and live life grand ;) since ammo doesn't weigh you can stock up on piles and get like ALL money from ALL vendors :D

quick access weapons:

*Hunting Rifle

*10mm submachine gun

*Combat Shotgun

*Chinese Assault Rifle

*Minigun

*Laser Pistol

*Laser Rifle

*Missile Launcher

inventory weapons:

*Fat Man

*assorted mines and grenades as I find them

*Lincoln's Repeater

*Sniper Rifle

...yeah, I don't have much inventory space

I gotcha all beat:

Alien Blaster

Assault Rifle

Chinese Assault Rifle

Chinese Pistol

Combat Shotgun

Fatman

Flamer

Frag Mine

Frag Grenade

Hunting Rifle

Laser Pistol

Laser Rifle

Mesmetron

Minigun

Missile Launcher

Plasma Pistol

Plasma Rifle

Pulse Grenade

Pulse Mine

Scoped .44

Sniper Rifle

Terrible Shotgun

Zhu Rhong Pistol

...Yeah... I have 10 Strength plus the 50 extra pounds perk. I'm fucking ready for anything.

10mm Submachine Gun

Alien Blaster

Blackhawk

Bottlecap Mine

Frag Grenade

Gatling Laser(Judgement)

Nuka-Grenade

Plasma Grenade

Fatman

Plasma Rifle (and Harkness' sometimes)

Pulse Grenade

Railway Rifle

Shishkebab

I usually use Tesla Armor, but occasionally I like to use the t-51b because it looks awesome with the Gatling Laser. I just wish the thing wasn't bugged and I could actually repair easier or else I'd use it all the time. I like the uniqueness.

I hate the power armours. As you can probably tell from my weapon loadout my specialty is skulking in shadows and shooting you in the head once. The Power Armour does nothing for me.

I prefer Reilly's Combat Rangers Armour. That stuff rocks so hard.