Fallout 3 for the PC

Schwaltzvald

I like to use this one

http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1250

Because it doesn't make sense to not be able to repair your schematics items with the parts you used to build it.

I wish there weren't so many loopholes and procedures to get the mods to the 360 version. Because otherwise, it's completely feasible.

There's always a less... moral... way to get it on the PC I guess.

The kid-killing one and increased-spawns sounds nice.

I wish the game had way more places where innocent bystanders are to receive some major collateral damage from. Like with a nuke. Even Deus Ex had some of that and a lot of fun ways to kill bystanders, even by complete flukes.

And man I just found out about the fricking Pip-Boy flashlight (after I finished the game). That would have been so useful to me before.

Wait, the Pip-Boy has a flashlight? I don't see mention of it in the manual or anything... Is it a special item?

Hooray, Butcher Pete part 2 :D

Haha, amen to that! :-)

Also, I swear I'm going to try to clean this up and get it on the GNR playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgjDftd5Ldk

well I'm pretty sure they tell you in game like on the left side that you can turn on your flashlight...it's just a matter of if you can remember how to do it when you have like 10 other things that you're trying to find/kill/talk to.

and is fallout3nexus down for anyone else?

Yes, holding down the tab key activates the flashlight.

o.o

I would never have guessed that. Thanks!

Omg, really? How are we suppose to figure that one out, kinda like pressing reload a long time, I only know it because a friend played on my pc and I saw him sheathing the gun.

And I was trying the darndest to figure out a way to holster my guns, too. Just hold in reload? Wow.

I don't know why the PC versions takes after what is essentially a console-function in holding down a button. It's as if the game was made as a console game first.

Yeah, ever since Morrowind became a runaway hit on the original Xbox, Bethesda has been making their interfaces for console gamepads. For the PC, they literally just translate gamepad buttons to computer buttons. I mean... because directional pads only have 8 directions, we can only use numbers 1-8 for hotkey items. They didn't even bother to extend the capacity to all 10 keyboard number keys. And despite all the unused keyboard buttons... there's no pulling up the map with M, or going right to your inventory with I. Just Tab and a lot of clicking back-and-forth. And one of the most frustrating things for PC users, too, is how you have to use different buttons to exit different interfaces. We're used to Esc does everything, but no, you have to Tab out of the Pip-Boy, E out of an inventory exchange, and Esc out of the main menu. :-|

At least mods let us dress the interface so it better fits the PC, like this:

Default Barter Menu

DarNified Barter Menu

I have no idea why they ever designed the Experimental MIRV nuclear cannon into this game because it's so suicidal (half of the time, I'm killing myself alongside EVERYTHING I see) or just overkill. 8 mini-nukes at a time? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Oh well. At least with the PC version, I guess you could go around with that thing all the time via code-manipulation. Also fun wiping out civilians or entire enemy mercenary encampment with a single, stupid-powerful shot.

o.o

I would never have guessed that. Thanks!

And I was trying the darndest to figure out a way to holster my guns, too. Just hold in reload? Wow.

Yeah, ever since Morrowind became a runaway hit on the original Xbox, Bethesda has been making their interfaces for console gamepads. For the PC, they literally just translate gamepad buttons to computer buttons. I mean... because directional pads only have 8 directions, we can only use numbers 1-8 for hotkey items. They didn't even bother to extend the capacity to all 10 keyboard number keys. And despite all the unused keyboard buttons... there's no pulling up the map with M, or going right to your inventory with I. Just Tab and a lot of clicking back-and-forth. And one of the most frustrating things for PC users, too, is how you have to use different buttons to exit different interfaces. We're used to Esc does everything, but no, you have to Tab out of the Pip-Boy, E out of an inventory exchange, and Esc out of the main menu. :-|

At least mods let us dress the interface so it better fits the PC, like this:

Default Barter Menu

DarNified Barter Menu

I went back to oblivion and got so angry I switched spacebar and e around on Oblivion

Because for god's sake I'm trying to talk to you, not jump.

Morons.

Edit: Realised I'm not in unmod.

Wacky I actually use E for jump in every FPS game now

and spc for use

:3

The two games with the biggest influence on me are:

1. Morrowind

2. Half Life

Of course, for the two, they have e and space switched, so E is use in HL and Space is jump, and vice versa for Morrowind. I've keymapped Oblivion and Morrowind to E for use, because it's just FPS convention now.

I always hated how Oblivion got rid of the "Staffs can be used as weapons" idea that Morrowind had. That, and how levitation was taken out. As well, the entire Levelling problem (Which Morrowind actually had, as does Fallout 3- just not as extreme as Oblivion's) could have been solved by keeping Divine Intervention, or Mark and Recall. If you weren't prepared and get into a too high level area, tough. You die. Morrowind was incredibly harsh that way.

If only Morrowind had Oblivion's Graphics, skills and Physics systems, and it would be the ultimate RPG experience... better than BG2. And that's a lot coming from me, for BG2 and ToB is the epitome of RPG goodness.

Yeah, I noticed the Space / E switch too. Really, it seems more logical since Space has been jump in just about every FPS game.

I always hated how Oblivion got rid of the "Staffs can be used as weapons" idea that Morrowind had. That, and how levitation was taken out. As well, the entire Levelling problem (Which Morrowind actually had, as does Fallout 3- just not as extreme as Oblivion's) could have been solved by keeping Divine Intervention, or Mark and Recall. If you weren't prepared and get into a too high level area, tough. You die. Morrowind was incredibly harsh that way.

If only Morrowind had Oblivion's Graphics, skills and Physics systems, and it would be the ultimate RPG experience... better than BG2. And that's a lot coming from me, for BG2 and ToB is the epitome of RPG goodness.

Was Mark & Recall in Morrowind? I thought that was just a Daggerfall spell. Although I certainly do miss the thing.

Also, you might be happy to know there currently is a project underway to port Morrowind into Oblivion*. Though Morrowind seems to lose some of its grand scope when you can see into the distance and notice just how short the in-game distances are. That annoying fog actually helped make the game seem larger than it really was!

*Though it's questionable whether the Morroblivion project will end up recreating the entire game, unfortunately. Right now, it's just an import of all the landscape, objects, creatures, and NPCs... with no quests or real gameplay to speak of. :|

Yeah, I noticed the Space / E switch too. Really, it seems more logical since Space has been jump in just about every FPS game.

Was Mark & Recall in Morrowind? I thought that was just a Daggerfall spell. Although I certainly do miss the thing.

Also, you might be happy to know there currently is a project underway to port Morrowind into Oblivion*. Though Morrowind seems to lose some of its grand scope when you can see into the distance and notice just how short the in-game distances are. That annoying fog actually helped make the game seem larger than it really was!

*Though it's questionable whether the Morroblivion project will end up recreating the entire game, unfortunately. Right now, it's just an import of all the landscape, objects, creatures, and NPCs... with no quests or real gameplay to speak of. :|

mark and recall were both available in morowind yes, Oblivion has the fast travel mod instead. Also during the morrowind era, some fan project was about to recreate all tamriel like dagerfall.